Plugin Contributions

Default Blank screen on checkout success after order is placed in Google Checkout, 1064 error

Hi,
    I am using zencart v151. It has fec1.11,paypal express checkout,Google checkout addons. added a product to cart,clicked buy with google checkout in shopping cart. completed the order in gc. after order is placed code is tried to redirect to zencart checkout success page. It is giving warning message(please refresh again).
    Following message is in logs:

[09-Jan-2013 21:50:17 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: 1064:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 1' at line 4 :: UPDATE orders
    SET checkbox = '0'
    WHERE orders_id =
    LIMIT 1 in C:\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php on line 120

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ravi.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank screen on checkout success after order is placed in GC,1064 error in logs

Zen Cart doesn't have a 'checkbox' field in the 'orders' table, so the problem isn't part of Zen Cart original code.
    The query you quoted shows that the PHP code generating the query isn't properly including an order number, and thus is generating bad SQL queries. So, whatever you've changed/added on your site is bad code.

Best to remove the things you've added/changed.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank screen on checkout success after order is placed in GC,1064 error in logs

Thank you Drbyte.
    my query_factory.php is unchanged. it is the file came in zencartv1.5.1 version.
    I followed instructions provided in google checkout addon installation instructions.
    You mentioned,code is generating bad sql query. so seems like google checkout code module is generating bad query.
    Also I am able to checkout using paypal express checkout.
    Please point me towards next step.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The problem is NOT with the query_factory script. It's only the "messenger" showing the result of the problem you've got.

I agree that it looks like google checkout is your problem. I recommend you remove it until such time as you determine a working solution.
    I haven't used or looked at google checkout in many years. Better to use the support thread for that module.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Drbyte.
    I am trying to setup store on localhost first. Initially I thought of having paypal and google checkout. May be I should look for alternatives due to following
    1.Based on my test,Paypal express works only when shipping address in zencart is matched with the shipping address in paypal(invoice).(in my test i provided one shipping address in zencart and another on in paypal. order is processed with one in paypal)
    2.google check out has this 1064 error.
    I see some other recommended payment processing services. Which is best among them?
    2.Also Can I test payment modules which require SSL on localhost. If so please provide me some pointers.

Thanks,
    Ravi.

Plugin Contributions

Essentially what you are asking has nothing (or very little) to do with zencart.

You need to direct questions about technicalities and functions of payment gateways to the payment gateways themselves. How will any of us know if XYZ payment gateway is operable on an insecure machine under your kitchen table?

You need to put your questions to the providers of these services.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I am sorry If I am asked a wrong question.I am a new to ecommerce world.I thought setup something locally(install zencart,add any addons needed, confirm on payment processing modules).Finalize addons/payment processing modules.Test locally and If one order is placed successfully then implement samething in live.
    Based on your reply, I understand that not everything can be setup/tested locally.Since paypal/google checkout have sandbox environment, I thought I should be able to place a test order using sandbox.
    Any feedback on my approach and suggestions are appreciated which will help me to move forward.

Thanks,
    Ravi.