Plugin Contributions

Default Tare Weight / Maximum Package Weight Functionality Change Help

Need some pointers in the right direction ie: file and code line so I can change this functionality back to how it used to function for me.

I recently rebuilt my shop from 1.39 to 1.51.

On my old shop I had shipping weight down perfect using the Small/Large/Max Tare weight configuration.

Some background: I ship mostly CDs, Vinyl records, and Cassettes... with vinyl dominating. With quite a bit international so having my shipping weights as precise as possible is essential. Vinyl packaging materials weigh quite a bit more than CD packing materials. Especially when an order is only for 1 or 2 CDs since we use bubble mailers for that instead of the hard cardboard mailers we use for single vinyl record orders and larger orders.

I used to have my max package weight set to 0.7 lbs. So that anything under that would use the Small to Medium tare weight setting. Then anything over 0.7 would use the Larger Packages Tare settings.

When I was setting up the new site I noticed the shipping prices for vinyl were way off. I then realized this was because the shipment was being split into and charged for multiple packages. I need this to not work this way and always just view the order as a single package... since we have never and probably will never receive an order over 60 lbs this wont be and issue and if it ever is I can handle it manually.

I understand how the Tare Weight Max Package weight is supposed to function... but mine used to function differently on my old site and I desperately need it to go back to functioning this way.

So if someone could point me to the file and code lines that cause ZC to split any orders over the max tare weight setting into multiple packages I could probably figure out how to change this.

Thank you for any incites you can provide.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tare Weight / Maximum Package Weight Functionality Change Help

Nevermind. Found it. For anyone else that stumbles across this thread looking for a solution to this.

/includes/classes/shipping.php

Find this section of code starting on line 90 and comment it out or delete it....

Code:
     if (SHIPPING_BOX_WEIGHT >= $shipping_weight*SHIPPING_BOX_PADDING/100) {
            $shipping_weight = $shipping_weight+SHIPPING_BOX_WEIGHT;
          } else {
            $shipping_weight = $shipping_weight + ($shipping_weight*SHIPPING_BOX_PADDING/100);
          }
    Then under Configuration > Shipping/Packages set the 3 settings to look something like this.... adjusting based on your package weight.

Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship = 0.6
    Package Tare Small to Medium - added percentage:weight = 5:0.15
    Larger packages - added packaging percentage:weight = 8:0.7