Plugin Contributions

help question Image customer see on downloadables

Hi,
    I am in the process of setting up downloadable products. I've been reading the instructions and there is something that is confusing me. I want to present a watermarked image to the public which obviously will not be the one that the customer will be downloading.

I understand that the downloadable images are to be uploaded to the 'download' directory of Zen Cart. So, how/where should I put the watermarked image that I want to present to the public on the website?
    Thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image customer see on downloadables

It sounds like you're describing the main product image. If I were selling shoes, I'd show a picture of those shoes, probably not just the basic thumbnail but also an enlargeable version, perhaps watermarking either or both of those before putting them on my server.

In that case, I would put the images where all the product images go: in the /images/ folder and corresponding subfolders. Not in the /download/ folder, since that's reserved for the "final product" downloads, not the marketing paraphernalia.

http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...s-to-a-product

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image customer see on downloadables

Yes! what you say makes sense to me now. I have not uploaded anything yet. Just reading instructions and getting acquainted with the whole process but you answered my question.
    Thank you. :)