Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Problem with our Confirm Order Button - Refreshes the Page and Doesn't Confirm

We've been getting a lot of customers bailing and a lot of them write with the same issue. Here is a typical customer email:

"I entered all details and clicked to confirm order. This seemed to refresh the page, but just back to the same page. I clicked confirm order again, which did the same thing. I then panicked that the order may then have gone through twice so decided to come away from the page and see await confirmation emails. Nothing!"

We get quite a lot of these messages and we've tried to replicate the issue. It seems to be intermittent as sometimes we can replicate it and sometimes we can't. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? I can't say for certain but I think it might possibly be the Fast and Easy Checkout Module that's causing it. Just a hunch?!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with our Confirm Order Button - Refreshes the Page and Doesn't Confirm

Quote Originally Posted by limelites View Post
    It seems to be intermittent as sometimes we can replicate it and sometimes we can't.
    These are the most difficult problems to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by limelites View Post
    I can't say for certain but I think it might possibly be the Fast and Easy Checkout Module that's causing it. Just a hunch?!
    If I were you (and without any other input/suggestions), I'd be acting on my hunch and removing/disabling the FEC module for a while to see if the problem persists or not.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with our Confirm Order Button - Refreshes the Page and Doesn't Confirm

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    These are the most difficult problems to solve.

If I were you (and without any other input/suggestions), I'd be acting on my hunch and removing/disabling the FEC module for a while to see if the problem persists or not.

Cheers
    Rod
    Thanks for your reply, Rod. I might just disable it but I'd prefer to try and diagnose and fix it. I was just wondering if anyone else had ever experienced this issue with the confirm order button to see if we could get to the bottom of it. We do really like the one page checkout but I might just switch on the Protex option so that customers are directed to our merchant checkout pages.

Plugin Contributions

I'm looking at the CC Payment module we're using from our Merchant and I've noticed this option:

"Store Sensitive Card Details Temporarily in Session?
    Should the customer's sensitive card details - the Card Number and the Card CV2 Number - be stored temporarily in the session? (They'll be cleared from the session when the order is completed).

As standard, if a customer leaves the payment details page to go back to the shipping page or the shopping cart, or if they make a mistake when entering their card details, the module will restore most of the details entered, so the customer doesn't have to re-enter them when they come back to the payment page.

When this option is enabled, the Card Number and the Card CV2 Number will also be stored temporarily, encrypted in the session using a Blowfish algorithm.

If this option is disabled, neither the Card Number nor the Card CV2 Number are stored in the session. Customers will have to re-enter their Card Number and their Card CV2 Number in full any time they come back to the payment page (i.e. if they don't go straight from the payment page to order completion)."

I wonder, I wonder! We have this set to "Yes". Should it be "No" ?? Could this possibly be causing it?? I'm going to test run it.

Plugin Contributions

OK, I've tried the above setting and it didn't make a difference as I was actually able to replicate the issue this time. Here's the steps I took to replicate the problem:

1. Added a one penny item to my cart, logged in and went to checkout page.
    2. Deliberately selected Visa from the drop down and entered Visa Debit card details.
    3. Received the red error message informing me that I should have selected Visa Debit.
    4. Corrected drop down to Visa Debit and re-entered card details.
    5. Clicked "Confirm Order" button but the order DID NOT confirm. Instead it just semi-refreshed the page!
    6. When I looked at it, it had re-selected the Visa from the drop down menu!
    7. Re-selected visa debit and entered card details.

This time it went through when I clicked confirm order button. However, customers are reporting that it's intermittent and it can take three or four attemtps.... lost of them are just bailing.

Plugin Contributions

OK, so I just disabled the FEC module to put the site back to the multiple page checkout and repeated the steps above. SAME PROBLEM! So, it's not the FEC module as it still causes the same problems, even with the FEC disabled. I'm stumped!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you turn off that payment module and enable check/money order for a temporary test, does that work properly?
    How about if you enable PayPal for a temporary test (yes, that would require paypal account), does that work right?

A list of addons and your current Zen Cart version would be helpful, as well as your PHP version.

And, did any of your addons change the cc_validation.php file?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you turn off that payment module and enable check/money order for a temporary test, does that work properly?
    How about if you enable PayPal for a temporary test (yes, that would require paypal account), does that work right?

A list of addons and your current Zen Cart version would be helpful, as well as your PHP version.

And, did any of your addons change the cc_validation.php file?
    - I've been able to replicate the same issue using the COD module. So it's not the CC module. I think there is a session problem. Whenever you change something the session variables are getting expired, thats why its not confirming the order I think. When you get the red error message, the posted variables vanishes there and it lets it go through.

- Zen Cart 1.3.8a (patched 1) PHP Version 5.2.17. Too many addons to list but nothing that affects the CC module. I thought at first it may be the FEC mod that's causing it but we still get the same issue when it's disabled.

- None of our addons have made changes to the cc_validation.php

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Can you replicate the problem using a fresh clean install of Zen Cart?

If you've got a session problem, it could be rooted in the server and not the software. Testing with a clean uncustomized install of Zen Cart will help isolate that.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hmmmmm, I could try that when I get home tonight. I'll need to install a clean version in a new folder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast