Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I reduce inventory based on weight instead of units?

That is one solution, but that would require manually weighing every item we sell when it is sold. We have pre-packaged items in glass jars that we sell in the 1 oz and 4 oz increments, and this saves a lot of time from having to run to the storage room and pull out a bulk package to weigh out and label whatever is ordered.

We can't do individual products per size I don't think, we have 600+ products currently and the site is quite bloated. Expanding that to 1800, or more like 3200 when it comes to cut/sift vs. powdered forms of product would be a logistical nightmare not just to manage but to browse as a customer.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I reduce inventory based on weight instead of units?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    I do not believe Stock by Attributes would help you on this as the stock numbers are based on 1 quantity means reduce by 1 and you want some reduced by 1 and some reduced by quantity * a factor ...

You would need to customize the stock deduction in the orders class for this ...

One thought might be to add a new field to products table to indicate what its quantity factor is and utilize that for reducing stock ...
    This sounds like the right solution however. 4x multiplier for 4 oz, 16 for lb, etc. So add a new field in the database products table called "stock_multiplier", set the equation, now the question is where is the file that needs to be changed in order to apply this new field before reducing stock, and how to properly amend it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12