Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sending Newsletter in batches of 500 or less.... ???? How can I?

Quote Originally Posted by rod44 View Post
    ... it's just the emailing services are fairly expensive for us small guys who happen to have lots of subscribers, and wonder is making a mod for throttling emails that tough or impossible to make?
    Again I recommend DADA mail. It has a throttling function - I have it set to send about 250 emails an hour, but you can set it to any interval you like. DADA is free, though limited to 1000 subscribers. An unlimited lifetime subscription costs around $50. Well worth it.

Plugin Contributions

Actually, I have an dedicated IP for my hosting AND another for my email. I am NOT your 'normal' online guy, I cover all my bases and actually got the dedicated IP for email as thought you guys would make some kind of throttle plug-in to broaden the abilities of ZenCart. Also, going out in groups of less than 500 would dramatically reduce the possibility of spam issues, right? As for the US Mail cost(paper, envelopes, etc...), we are ALL online marketers and the 'snail mail' newsletters are about as up to date as brick cellphones, 1400 baud modems and 8 tracks. Agree or no? I just thought you guys would want to make ZenCart more 'with the trends' of where ISP's are going.

Thanks for the response!
    Rod

Visit my Zen Site: Hat n' Patch

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I don't mean to come across sounding "contrary", so I apologize in advance if my comments below might sound like it ...
    Also, going out in groups of less than 500 would dramatically reduce the possibility of spam issues, right?
    The number of messages sent at any point in time has no bearing on whether the recipients of those messages report them as spam.
    On the other hand, volume might be a minor contributing factor if you're sending massive amounts to one domain's servers, such as say hotmail.
    But, again, that's *exactly* why there's huge benefit to using a service from a company whose *sole* expertise and focus is in delivering bulk emails successfully. They have a vested interested in exactly the same goals as you do.

I just thought you guys would want to make ZenCart more 'with the trends' of where ISP's are going.
    I think by "ISP" you meant "hosting company", since "ISP" or "internet service provider" generally describes the companies who provide internet services to consumers, not for provisioning servers.

Either way, it seems your view of "the trends" is different from ours. Most hosting companies would rather you didn't burden their servers or their reputations by sending bulk mail from any servers associated with them. Email accounts for the largest portion of headaches encountered by hosting companies.

I am NOT your 'normal' online guy, I cover all my bases and actually got the dedicated IP for email
    Definitely rare.
    Doesn't that cost as much as basic delivery plan for a service like mailchimp?

Regardless, as I wrote in your other post on the same topic, there are plugins available to send emails in batches, as well as to export for use in external services. Choose your pick.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Definitely rare.
    Doesn't that cost as much as basic delivery plan for a service like mailchimp?
    $2.00 per month, just a bit less and thanks for the info on the throttling I will look into it.
    Rod

Visit my Zen Site: Hat n' Patch

Plugin Contributions

We use Interspire's Email Marketer, but we bought it quite some time ago when it was affordable. Does just about anything you want.

Having said that, it would still be VERY useful if some basic mail throttling was incorporated into the Send Mail function. If I try to send a basic
    message to all users (about 2500 emails) from the admin, I'll throw an Internal 500 Server Error (most likely PHP timing out).

Just my 2 cents worth...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12