Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Duplicate entry error on sessions table with new install on Mountain Lion Server

Hey gang,

I've been working with a test Mountain Lion Server building a new zencart site. Everything is ready to go, so I starting setting up my MacPro with another ML Server 10.8.2 to run the live site.

Multiple issues today:

1. After installing mySQL 5.5.29 community edition (test server used 5.5.14), I opened myphpadmin and setup my database for installing ZenCart.
    Upon Zencart installation, the database wouldn't install at all over localhost or the external ip address (even though myphpadmin IS accessing with localhost!!). Multi-checked everything and all was perfect in the mySQL setup, user and password.

Finally, the ONLY way the database would install is over a host of: 127.0.0.1.

Then continued the install until everything was completed.

The customer side of ZenCart came up perfectly. :-)

BUT

2. Now, I cannot log into the admin with the user I created after the admin folder name was changed and ZC folder deleted. Tried and tried to no avail today. I reinstalled many times from scratch even deleting the mysql database and reinstalling all the apps.

WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

Here is the log file I received when I tried to log into the admin:

[27-Jan-2013 03:05:24 UTC] PHP Fatal error: 1062uplicate entry 'clmt7v4rkh46cufufqm5jq4kca7vm77c0p0k4t2v4ctgpill8e8eut6jug1jlrgr' for key 'PRIMARY' :: insert into sessions
    values ('clmt7v4rkh46cufufqm5jq4kca7vm77c0p0k4t2v4ctgpill8e8eut6jug1jlrgr9ldhmcraptlmdo 12jput8i4i18t3pnhr2h1nic1', '1359256824', 'c2VjdXJpdHlUb2tlbnxzOjMyOiIzYmRmYzE5ZDIzOTc2MjQyYWJiYTA4NTY4M2M2ZWQ0NiI7bGFuZ3V hZ2V8czo3OiJlbmdsaXNoIjtsYW5ndWFnZXNfaWR8czoxOiIxIjtsYW5ndWFnZXNfY29kZXxzOjI6ImV uIjtzZWxlY3RlZF9ib3h8czoxMzoiY29uZmlndXJhdGlvbiI7aHRtbF9lZGl0b3JfcHJlZmVyZW5jZV9 zdGF0dXN8czo0OiJOT05FIjs=') in /Users/Shared/websites/zen-cart-v1.5.1/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 120

Guys.... I lost on this. I have 2 other computers running ZenCart, but this OSX server will not install correctly. Those other 2 work perfectly under localhost, which makes this even more strange.
    Any ideas?

I can't figure out if the OSX install is 'wonky' or if it's the newer version of mySQL or something else.

thanks everyone,

Jeff Michaels,
    musicalcreations.com
    Jeff Michaels,
    pres of Musical Creations Ltd.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple issues with new install on Mountain Lion Server

What's the PHP version?
    What are the following values set to in your php.ini?
    session.hash_bits_per_character
    session.hash_function

Zen Cart v1.5.1 and older were built based on the common configuration of:
    session.hash_function = 1

Change yours back to 1 if you can.

If that's been set to something different (and newer PHP versions are starting to change that), then you may have problems. Reverting it back to 1 may provide relief for now. While you should have no problem reverting it when you're the server administrator, if you can't then you may need to change the code.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

PHP - 5.3.15

; session.hash_bits_per_character
    ; Default Value: 4
    ; Development Value: 5
    ; Production Value: 5

; http://php.net/session.hash-function
    session.hash_function = sha512
    Jeff Michaels,

Plugin Contributions

I got it

session.hash_function = sha512

I compared the other test server and it was

session.hash_function = 1

I changed it to 1 and immediately, the admin worked after I restarted the web server. But I still have no idea why I cannot use localhost in the setup. hmmm
    Any ideas?
    Jeff Michaels,

Plugin Contributions

The error I was getting was:
    [24-Mar-2013 08:42:55 UTC] PHP Fatal error: 1406: Data too long for column 'sesskey' at row 1 :: insert into sessions
    values ('nj2j28msme7fprpl1qhkoq1qrrr5ks2qs1o2av2p64ea2f7amvk86s9gnoc8a6kd3mloff53pri3vc 8kf2jtlts4ophcaidhovbo240', '1364116015', 'c2V ~snip~ CI7') in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/www.craftyharp.local/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 120

Editing the php.ini file and setting the session.hash_function = 1 fixed the problem for me as well!