Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: German Language Pack for ZC version 1.5.x

Quote Originally Posted by brittainmark View Post
    I have had a further look. It looks like you are missing the configurationValidation.php. you can copy this from YOURSITE/YOURADMIN/includes/languages/english
    Additionally you have a lot of missing definition.

You probably need to follow the how to upgrade a language pack in the zen cart documentation https://docs.zen-cart.com/dev/langua...er-translation

Let me know how you get on and if I need to make any changes to the documentation.
    I do have configurationValidation.php, it is here zencart157a\catalog\ADMIN\includes\classes.

I have now set up another test site using xampp, I now see this log message.
    Code:
    [18-Jul-2020 03:40:36 Europe/Berlin] Request URI: /zencart157a/catalog/ADMIN/login.php, IP address: ::1
    #1  require_once(C:\xampp73a\htdocs\zencart157a\catalog\ADMIN\includes\init_includes\init_templates.php) called at [C:\xampp73a\htdocs\zencart157a\catalog\includes\autoload_func.php:37]
    #2  require(C:\xampp73a\htdocs\zencart157a\catalog\includes\autoload_func.php) called at [C:\xampp73a\htdocs\zencart157a\catalog\ADMIN\includes\application_top.php:37]
    #3  require(C:\xampp73a\htdocs\zencart157a\catalog\ADMIN\includes\application_top.php) called at [C:\xampp73a\htdocs\zencart157a\catalog\ADMIN\login.php:8]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant TEXT_ADMIN_TAB_PREFIX - assumed 'TEXT_ADMIN_TAB_PREFIX' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in C:\xampp73a\htdocs\zencart157a\catalog\ADMIN\includes\init_includes\init_templates.php on line 45.

[18-Jul-2020 03:40:36 Europe/Berlin] Request URI: /zencart157a/catalog/ADMIN/login.php, IP address: ::1
    #1  require_once() called at [C:\xampp73a\htdocs\zencart157a\catalog\ADMIN\includes\classes\configurationValidation.php:21]
    #2  configurationValidation->__construct() called at [C:\xampp73a\htdocs\zencart157a\catalog\includes\autoload_func.php:44]
    #3  require(C:\xampp73a\htdocs\ADMIN\catalog\includes\autoload_func.php) called at [C:\xampp73a\htdocs\zencart157a\catalog\ADMIN\includes\application_top.php:37]
    #4  require(C:\xampp73a\htdocs\zencart157a\catalog\ADMIN\includes\application_top.php) called at [C:\xampp73a\htdocs\zencart157a\catalog\ADMIN\login.php:8]
    --> PHP Warning: require_once(includes/languages/german/configuration_validation.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp73a\htdocs\zencart157a\catalog\ADMIN\includes\classes\configurationValidation.php on line 21.

[18-Jul-2020 03:40:36 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/german/configuration_validation.php' (include_path='C:\xampp73a\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp73a\htdocs\zencart157a\catalog\ADMIN\includes\classes\configurationValidation.php on line 21
    I assume "TEXT_ADMIN_TAB_PREFIX " warning is a PHP7.3 compatibility error which implies the german language pack is not 7.3 compliant since it only claims support of RC155 then that is likely.
    A warning is not good but not a fatal error though.

Plugin Contributions

Saga continues :)

I really only need my storefront in German language, I can live with the admin pages in English.

I found that if I just load the "includes/languages/german...." into my test site and not the "admin/includes/lang...." then I can manually switch my storefront to German language and it seems to show German OK. I need to do more thorough testing to see if everything works.

I got the inspiration from a support thread that mentioned a language pack that did not have the admin part.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry been away just seen your posts.

Your error
    Code:
    Use of undefined constant TEXT_ADMIN_TAB_PREFIX - assumed 'TEXT_ADMIN_TAB_PREFIX'
    means that the constant TEXT_ADMIN_TAB_PREFIX is not defined in any the language files you are using.

Code:
    Failed opening required 'includes/languages/german/configuration_validation.php'
    Means that the file is missing or the permissions on it are set so that it cannot be read. Are you sure you have the file in the correct location. When I downloaded the language pack it was not there. If it is missing just copy includes/languages/english/configuration_validation.php to the german directory
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

Sorry been away just seen your posts.

Your error
    Code:
    Use of undefined constant TEXT_ADMIN_TAB_PREFIX - assumed 'TEXT_ADMIN_TAB_PREFIX'
    means that the constant TEXT_ADMIN_TAB_PREFIX is not defined in any the language files you are using.

Code:
    Failed opening required 'includes/languages/german/configuration_validation.php'
    Means that the file is missing or the permissions on it are set so that it cannot be read. Are you sure you have the file in the correct location. When I downloaded the language pack it was not there. If it is missing just copy includes/languages/english/configuration_validation.php to the german directory
    Thanks for your help.
    Hope you had a good trip.

Plugin Contributions

German language pack now working fine in 157, both admin and storefront, on my Unix test site.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marton_1 View Post
    German language pack now working fine in 157, both admin and storefront, on my Unix test site.
    Thanks
    Could you document what you did to get it working or post and updated version.
    Thanks
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

Could you document what you did to get it working or post and updated version.
    Thanks
    Long story, mostly finger trouble!

I had not copied all the English files in Admin across to the German side but the consequent problems did not show up in my zen cart log, they do now?
    I created a CUSTOM template using the instructions in zen cart here but it seems these instructions are out of date and the template does not work correctly if it was based on responsive classic template, see thread here.

My updates to catalog\includes\languages/german and catalog\myAdmin\includes\languages/german were not 100% correct, I am working on this and will post when happy with the result.
    Do you happen to know a good way to update foreign language files? Winmerge is no use; if you compare the latest English with old German it just says to change everything.
    At the moment I go to Github here then click on "files changed", search for "english" then click on "load diff" then work through the - and + signs.
    This is a slow, error prone and tedious process.
    Before I had just compared the latest english on one screen with the older german on another screen but then it is too easy to miss small changes in existing defines.

Plugin Contributions

Forgot to say I also had an old file German bmz_language_admin.php hanging around from a deleted version of Image Handler 4 that I had to delete to get 1.5.7 working properly.

Plugin Contributions

The suggested method is to compare the English version of the files to see hat has changed. Then you can add/remove or change the German as necessary.
    See https://docs.zen-cart.com/dev/langua...r_translation/
    You can use git hub to compare the versions, I use eclipse ide, but there are many packages our there. The key is not trying to compare the German with the English.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

The suggested method is to compare the English version of the files to see hat has changed. Then you can add/remove or change the German as necessary.
    See https://docs.zen-cart.com/dev/langua...r_translation/
    You can use git hub to compare the versions, I use eclipse ide, but there are many packages our there. The key is not trying to compare the German with the English.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast