Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: You must spend at least US$0.00 to redeem this coupon

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    I am not following you a 100% here ... what Categories do you have marked as ALLOW and what Categories marked as DENY?

Have you a link to your URL and some categories_id marked for ALLOW and some marked for DENY?

Do you have TOP set to DENY?
    Hi Ajeh,

GOAL: Track referrals for items sold so referring doctor (if there is one) can receive a monthly remuneration.

QUICK BACKGROUND: I sell only 2 items in the cart at (http://healthy-again.com/hazcart/), a Hardcopy Book and the downloadable eBook version (PDF) of that hardcopy book. Purchase of either item includes a downloadable PDF form permitting licensed doctors to enjoy additional services (this is not a "for sale" item/product). The Hardcopy item also includes a link to the downloadable eBook (PDF). The Hardcopy item is in the "BOOKS (HARDCOPY)" Category and the two PDF items are in the "DOWNLOADS" Category. There are 2 discount/referral Coupons (AP15 & MG15) that are intended to permit a $10 discount for the Harcopy item ONLY but hopefully will be recorded somewhere in the sale for the eBook item so the referral can be tracked. (Not sure if this eBook referral recording will even work)

ANSWERING YOUR QUESTION: "DOWNLOADS" Category is set to DENY on both coupons (AP15 & MG15) while "BOOKS (HARDCOPY)" Category is st to ALLOW on both coupons. I am unable to answer your question "Do you have TOP set to DENY?" since I do not know how/where to check this.

Please advise if this is still unclear.
    Many thanks.

Plugin Contributions

When setting restrictions on a Discount Coupon, you will see Top in the drop down ... Just set that to DENY so you will now see it in the Category section ...

If you have a customer referred by Dr. X and they make purchases with their Discount Coupon DrX20150129 then later come back with a purchase and use a Discount Coupon from Dr. Z for Discount Coupon DrZ20150201, do you want to still just know about Dr. X or do you now also want to know about Dr. Z?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

When setting restrictions on a Discount Coupon, you will see Top in the drop down ... Just set that to DENY so you will now see it in the Category section ...

If you have a customer referred by Dr. X and they make purchases with their Discount Coupon DrX20150129 then later come back with a purchase and use a Discount Coupon from Dr. Z for Discount Coupon DrZ20150201, do you want to still just know about Dr. X or do you now also want to know about Dr. Z?
    OK, I have added a Product Restriction for Category Name of TOP from the dropdown with DENY as the restriction.
    My display for Discount Coupons Product/Category Restrictions now shows 3 entries:
    with CATEGORY NAME / STATUS
    Downloads / Deny
    Books(Hardcopy)/ Allow
    All Categories / Deny
    Somehow this does NOT seem like what you wanted me to do.

To Answer Your Ques: Yes, I want to know if that same customer uses two different coupons.

I also need to know if that customer (or any customer) uses a coupon for the item (eBook) that does NOT permit the use of the coupon for a $10 discount. This is because I still need to track the referral. If this is possible but requires some in-depth manipulation to make it work, please let me know and I will then pay to have someone do it for me.

Plugin Contributions

What you are really looking for is a customized method to check the Discount Coupons used that isn't really related to the referral code as that is a one time thing ...

You are needing something from the orders to show what Discount Coupon was used. I take it click on the REPORT for the Discount Coupon is not sufficient? If not, what specifically do you need in a report to make one useful to you?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

There are two items related to this:

1) When someone enters either Discount/Referral code on checkout, they get the Warning Message: "You must spend at least $1.00 ..." I think I can McGiver this by changing the text to say "Referral Recorded - Note: The discount amount is valid only for the Hardcopy Book"
    2) For the Download eBook item with the Discount/Referral/Coupon code entered: The report shows the sale but does not show the discount coupon ID# for that item. It is obviously not recorded since the coupon is set up as DENY for DOWNLOADS. I would like to somehow see that the person tried to use the code even though the dollar discount was not applied. Is this requirement sounding like a custom job?

Plugin Contributions

Could you please PM me the Discount Coupon so that I can see this happening in your site, as it is not making sense that you have these settings and have updated things ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I thought this had been fixed, but I am still getting the error. The coupon is only valid for clearance products, and has no minimum purchase amount. The customer puts non-clearance items in cart, and at checkout in bold yellow it says: “You must spend at least $0.00 to redeem this coupon.”

This only happens when the first shipping choice is made, which is automatically checked. If you pick a different shipping option such as parcel post, express, or ups, the correct reading of: “This coupon code is not valid for any product currently in your cart.”

If a customer puts valid coupon items (or mix of valid and non-valid coupon items) in the cart the discount is calculated correctly. The bold yellow (incorrect) message is very confusing to shoppers. Any idea why I am getting the error with the latest install?

Plugin Contributions

Could you post the exact settings that you are using on the Discount Coupon and any restrictions that you have set then a click for click on what exact steps would need to be done to get this to happen?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Could you post the exact settings that you are using on the Discount Coupon and any restrictions that you have set then a click for click on what exact steps would need to be done to get this to happen?
    coupon code: 52ca5ecc90
    Coupon Amount :: 40.0000%
    Start Date :: 12/10/2015
    End Date :: 12/14/2015
    Uses per Coupon :: Unlimited
    Uses per Customer :: Unlimited
    Valid Product List :: Restrictions Apply
    Valid Categories List :: Restrictions Apply

Category Restrictions
    All Categories Deny
    Clearance Allow

Product Restrictions
    Each product in the clearance category is listed as allow
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Here is a link to the clearance items:
    http://www.vintageknits.net/store/in...ndex&cPath=248

2. Here is a link to a non-clearance item:
    http://www.vintageknits.net/store/in...oducts_id=1297

3. If you add one non-clearance item (#2 above), and attempt to checkout:
    Here is a temporary customer login to the store:
    user name: [email protected]
    password: testing123

a. first class mail will be the default box selected
    b. click continue to checkout
    c. put in coupon code: 52ca5ecc90
    d. click checkout with paypal, and then click continue checkout, and the correct message is displayed, but
    e. page back or hit the shopping cart button, and instead choose priority mail, and repeat the same steps, and now the incorrect message displays. “ You must spend at least $0.00 to redeem this coupon”

**I think I’ve narrowed the problem down to when priority mail is chosen as the shipping option, it displays the wrong message of needing to spend 0.00...

Thanks for looking at this.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sadie View Post
    coupon code: 52ca5ecc90
    Coupon Amount :: 40.0000%
    Start Date :: 12/10/2015
    End Date :: 12/14/2015
    Uses per Coupon :: Unlimited
    Uses per Customer :: Unlimited
    Valid Product List :: Restrictions Apply
    Valid Categories List :: Restrictions Apply

Category Restrictions
    All Categories Deny
    Clearance Allow

Product Restrictions
    Each product in the clearance category is listed as allow
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Here is a link to the clearance items:
    http://www.vintageknits.net/store/in...ndex&cPath=248

2. Here is a link to a non-clearance item:
    http://www.vintageknits.net/store/in...oducts_id=1297

3. If you add one non-clearance item (#2 above), and attempt to checkout:
    Here is a temporary customer login to the store:
    user name: [email protected]
    password: testing123

a. first class mail will be the default box selected
    b. click continue to checkout
    c. put in coupon code: 52ca5ecc90
    d. click checkout with paypal, and then click continue checkout, and the correct message is displayed, but
    e. page back or hit the shopping cart button, and instead choose priority mail, and repeat the same steps, and now the incorrect message displays. “ You must spend at least $0.00 to redeem this coupon”

**I think I’ve narrowed the problem down to when priority mail is chosen as the shipping option, it displays the wrong message of needing to spend 0.00...

Thanks for looking at this.
    If it helps,
    1. It displays the wrong message when any other USPS shipping is selected, not just priority.
    2. Not related but your UPS shipping looks out of whack.

Lruskauff

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast