Plugin Contributions

Default Can't access admin after upgrade - down for maintenance

Hello,
    I recently upgraded from 1.3.8a to 1.5.1. Before doing so I took the site down for maintenance. After uploading the files, and running the installer everything seemed to complete without issue. I cleared my active tokens, cache, and cookies from my browser. Upon going to the /admin folder, I received an error telling me to rename the folder. I did. When I tried to access the folder, I am automatically redirected to the home page of the front end, with the "Down For Maintenance" line.

No matter what I do, I'm redirected to the home page as the site is down for maintenance. I can't log-in to the site, to turn off the maintenance setting, nor access the back end in any way.

Homepage Notification: NOTICE: The website is currently Down For Maintenance to the public
    Admin Error: Warning: You cannot access the admin until you have renamed the admin folder.
    After renaming admin: NOTICE: The website is currently Down For Maintenance to the public

Any help would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't access admin after upgrade - down for maintenance

Sounds like you've got an old-style admin configure.php file, and when you renamed your admin folder you didn't also rename the references to it in your old-style configure.php file.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.