Plugin Contributions

Default Help with sagepay on ZC v1.2.4.1

Hi, I have a zencart 1.2.4 install with lots of custom code from another developer making it difficult to upgrade to a newer version. - especially as it also imports/exports products & customers to a clone of the shop at a different domain & database(same server & mysql though).

I've just set up a merchant account & sagepay, & looking to integrate it, but is proving difficult as the "Ceon Web Forms" module doesn't seem to work with my version of zencart. (I tested it in a fresh v1.5 install on the same server & it works perfectly.) The problem is that when we add our vendorname & password, & click update it doesn't update the database. It still shows the no vendorname error at the top of the module options. I know very little PHP which doesn't help, & am in a hurry to get this working.

Does anybody have any ideas on a solution to the module or know of another way I can integrate sagepay?

Many thanks,
    Jai

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with sagepay on 1.2.4.1 zencart

Difficult or not, you simply need to upgrade to a newer version of Zen Cart. Your 8 year old version is obsolete, insecure, and before long will not operate at all as hosts move to modern versions of PHP and MySQL for security and performance reasons.

If you are actually using this for sales, you will sooner or later be hacked and probably have your money and your customers' information stolen.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your quick response.
    Upgrading from 1.2 to 1.5 looks like a near impossibility with all the changes & could take a long time, although I entirely agree that it should be done. I think it's probably easiest to try & re-create the customized bits into a fresh install rather than doing an upgrade?

For at least a quick fix so I can get going with sagepay do you know of a way to get all the crucial info (products/customers/passwords/order history/maybe email templates etc.) out of the 1.2 database & into the new v1.5 install database?
    I think it's unlikely that the database upgrade from the zc_install folder will work from v1.2 if I copied it in- although I'm trying this now.

At least if I could get the customer info in so the basic functionality was working to allow my customers to log in & buy products I could temporarily forward the old shop to the new & update the mods & templates over a slightly longer period. Most of the mods to my 1.2 shop are for updating databases elsewhere, so these can be manually updated as orders come in until I can get them re-created in the new shop to update automatically.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimeg View Post
    For at least a quick fix so I can get going with sagepay do you know of a way to get all the crucial info (products/customers/passwords/order history/maybe email templates etc.) out of the 1.2 database & into the new v1.5 install database?
    BAD IDEA

I think it's unlikely that the database upgrade from the zc_install folder will work from v1.2 if I copied it in- although I'm trying this now.
    The menu choices for including upgrade steps prior to 1.3.0 are probably missing from the v1.5.1 installer. You'd be better off running zc_install from v1.3.9h first, and then doing same from v1.5.1 afterward.
    At least if I could get the customer info in so the basic functionality was working to allow my customers to log in & buy products I could temporarily forward the old shop to the new & update the mods & templates over a slightly longer period.
    That sounds like you're trying to fast-track something without understanding all the nuances and risks in the process.
    I think it's probably easiest to try & re-create the customized bits into a fresh install rather than doing an upgrade?
    Well, an upgrade is essentially a quick rebuild anyway, but not quite how you're thinking. http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

the "Ceon Web Forms" module doesn't seem to work with my version of zencart. (I tested it in a fresh v1.5 install on the same server & it works perfectly.) The problem is that when we add our vendorname & password, & click update it doesn't update the database. It still shows the no vendorname error at the top of the module options.
    Adapting the module to be backwards compatible with the older Zen Cart version would probably be a much safer approach and a much smaller expenditure of time. Then that would buy you a bit of time to do a proper upgrade without all the pressure and anxiety you're talking about.

This is the approach I'd recommend, for the short term.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.