Plugin Contributions

image problem Password Protect Categories by Ausgirl [Support Thread]

Zen Cart 1.5x

You can download it here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1600

This is a rewrite of Stevish PPC plugin (Previous Version 1.0 by Stevish)

Plugin is useful for Photographers whom wish to have clients view there images and purchase online. PPC stops people from being able to view or purchase client images that do not have a password.

Much easier installation and accessible via the admin.

Full credit goes to Nick (Niccol) for taking the time to help me with this new version. (Without him it wouldn't have been possible :))

Please beware, any PPC product will be available to purchase by any one without a password should the "Buy Now" button be visible.

The "Buy Now" button appears in "All Products" "New Products" ect... I don't think you really want client images appearing in these sections anyway.

The best way around this is to add attributes to your product, then the "Product Details" button shows, when clicked it will ask for the password.

This is good for up selling, you could add something like "Canvas" as an attribute on the product, the client can then purchase not only their images but may consider a canvas print as well.

******************************************************************************** **************

Installation

1. Upload all files to the server.

2. There is one file change to make.

Edit the file:

includes/modules/pages/index/main_template_vars.php

Find the line (it is right at the bottom):

require($template->get_template_dir($tpl_page_body, DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/' . $tpl_page_body);

And just ABOVE it add the lines:

// additional notifier added by category passwords
    $zco_notifier->notify('NOTIFY_INDEX_LOAD_TPL_PAGE_BODY');

=============================================

Usage

Go to admin>>catalog>>category passwords

There you will be able to add passwords to each category.

If you have a category structure like this:

Cat A
    -- Cat A1
    -- Cat A12
    -- Cat A13
    -- Cat A14
    -- Cat A2
    -- Cat A21
    -- Cat A22

Then the following things will happen.

If you put a password on Cat A12 it will protect just Cat A12
    If you put a password on Cat A1 it will protect A1, A12, A13, A14

Unless...
    If you put a password on Cat A and Cat A14 then the user will be able to access A14 if they have the password to A14 even if they do not have the password to A1.

Also, unlike the previous module if you enter the password once then that will get 'remembered so you don't have to enter that password again.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Password Protect Categories by Ausgirl [Support Thread]

v1.5

To Ausgirl or Niccol, if any updates to make this work, it would be great. Once I set the password, the buyer is prompted to enter it on the screen. However, after putting in the password, it only allows the product to be viewed that one time immediately after entering the password. Once the product page is migrated away from and trying to go back like 5 seconds later, the product page is blank. The headers, sideboxes, footers and all other things are seen though. Any help would be great.

Maybe some files from the original Stevish files were not all transferred.

Plugin Contributions

Hi!

I have downloaded this plug-in and I'm thrilled to say it's working great! My only question is if there is a way to "turn off" the password protected items from showing up in the "New Products" section of my website? Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks in advance!
    Kris

Plugin Contributions

Please beware, any PPC product will be available to purchase by any one without a password should the "Buy Now" button be visible.

The "Buy Now" button appears in "All Products" "New Products" ect... I don't think you really want client images appearing in these sections anyway.

The best way around this is to add attributes to your product, then the "Product Details" button shows, when clicked it will ask for the password.

I am not a coder. I had someone from the forum write this for me and I uploaded it for people to use. Sorry, I dont support this thread as I am not a coder, for then I have no idea how to fix things.

Maybe someone whom knows how to code can add that feature in there, but in the meantime, your best bet is to add attributes to your products as stated above :)

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Password Protect Categories by Ausgirl [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Whot View Post
    v1.5

To Ausgirl or Niccol, if any updates to make this work, it would be great. Once I set the password, the buyer is prompted to enter it on the screen. However, after putting in the password, it only allows the product to be viewed that one time immediately after entering the password. Once the product page is migrated away from and trying to go back like 5 seconds later, the product page is blank. The headers, sideboxes, footers and all other things are seen though. Any help would be great.

Maybe some files from the original Stevish files were not all transferred.
    Did you ever figure out why the pages disappear as well as the items, boxes etc. I am having the same problem as quoted