Plugin Contributions

help question PayPal and OzPost problems

Hello fellow Zenners.

I have been using Zen Cart for some time now and have been running a online store quite successfully.

I have recently been attempting to install PayPal Express Cart. I have gone through all the steps as listed on numerous posts and have found an interesting problem.

I was having the problem where Paypal would work right up to the 'Pow Now' point (allowing you to login to your paypal account etc) all the relevant info was being sent to paypal, price, postage etc. When trying to process the payment it would come back with an error "Unable to process payment at this time. You have not been billed. please return to merchant site and select another payment option"

Looking into this further. I found it only did this if I selected a parcel option from my installed OzPost module. If I selected "pick up from store" ie no postage PayPal would process the payment with no errors.

I also found that while I had the PayPal module active I would start to get errors with OzPost and then it would completely disappear from shipping options.

When I disable PayPal, Ozpost comes back to life.

If I disable OzPost PayPal seems to play nicely.

All, very strange and got me completely stuffed.

Everything has been working very well until I enable PayPal.

Anybody got any ideas.

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal problems

Quote Originally Posted by Teknix View Post
    Looking into this further. I found it only did this if I selected a parcel option from my installed OzPost module.
    What version of ozpost are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Teknix View Post
    All, very strange and got me completely stuffed.

Everything has been working very well until I enable PayPal.
    Could you please provide a link to your store so that I can investigate further.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

I have recently begun using ozpost 3.6.1 with zencart 1.5.1 and Paypal express. Before using ozpost I would receive itemised costs the customer paid..price of item, price of postage price of gst and the total.
    BUT now I only get the total amount on the paypal receipt with 0.00 for shipping and tax and handling fee.
    I dont know how to fix this.
    Another thing I am stumped about is...a customer chooses the product worth eg. $10.97(450g potassium alum), chooses Click n send 3kg satchel which costs $13.40...but the paypal thing says the total is $23.15! But add the 2 together gives $24.37...this has happened 3 times today for 3 sales and I am outr of pocket. not happy)
    The template is one of Picaflor Azul's - Ashley Pink
    My site is http:www.aussie-alum-supplies.com.au

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by aussieal View Post
    I have recently begun using ozpost 3.6.1 with zencart 1.5.1 and Paypal express. Before using ozpost I would receive itemised costs the customer paid..price of item, price of postage price of gst and the total.
    The ozpost module doesn't change the goings on with PayPal. If in doubt you only need to disable the module and normal functions should return (depending on what 'normal' is for your particular store)

Another thing I am stumped about is...a customer chooses the product worth eg. $10.97(450g potassium alum), chooses Click n send 3kg satchel which costs $13.40...but the paypal thing says the total is $23.15! But add the 2 together gives $24.37...this has happened
    The ozpost module has no concept of what is going on with PayPal.

The ozpost module retrieves a set of valid quotes based on the product input data and returns the quotes to the ZenCart store which then decides what to do with them, including how and when to apply the costs to the payment methods, adding or removing taxes, discounts, and so forth.

Cheers
    RodG

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

BUT now I only get the total amount on the paypal receipt with 0.00 for shipping and tax and handling fee.
    I dont know how to fix this.
    Another thing I am stumped about is...a customer chooses the product worth eg. $10.97(450g potassium alum), chooses Click n send 3kg satchel which costs $13.40...but the paypal thing says the total is $23.15! But add the 2 together gives $24.37...this has happened 3 times today for 3 sales and I am outr of pocket. not happy)
    The only time the PayPal Express Checkout module will NOT submit the line-item details (and instead sends an aggregate final total only) is if there is an arithmetic problem where the products+shipping+taxes don't add up exactly the same as the way PayPal calculates them ... such as if there is a slight rounding issue due to the way taxes and/or discounts are being assessed or if discounts in general cannot be applied in a way that doesn't break the arithmetic.
    But, it could also be the weird shipping quotes you're getting are causing the cart to try to send the wrong amounts to PayPal and thus since your cart is calculating the wrong shipping then the arithmetic for sending to PayPal is wrong, so the paypal module is simply jumping into aggregate mode instead of line-item mode.
    I'd recommend focusing on fixing whatever "suddenly" started this "problem" to start when it wasn't occurring previously. Then the PayPal problem will most likely take care of itself.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.