Plugin Contributions

help question Issue with define_pages title, and zen lightbox images

Hi people.

I am using version 1.5.1, with premium9a template, the fec fast and easy checkout addon, and the zen lightbox addon.

I have a small issue that I cant find a suitable tutorial topic on. I am using define_page_2.php as an extra info page on my website. I have changed its title in the english.php, so now in the "more information" box it is called "Rebuild Process". The thing is, when I am viewing the page, it is still referred to as "page 2" near the top of the page, where it says Home :: page 2, and in the browser title.

Also I have some images on the page, and I would like them to work with the zen lightbox like normal product images do, but the code for this I believe needs to be in the head tag of the document, so I cant just add it through the admin area.

If you visit my page here you can see the issues:

http://www.reborncarbs.com/index.php?main_page=page_2

Thank you if you can help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Issue with define_pages title, and zen lightbox images

If you use your admin's Tools->Developers Tool Kit and "ask" it to find all "catalog" files that contain the string page 2, you'll find that there's a file /includes/languages/english/page_2.php. Copy that file to /includes/languages/english/premium9a/page_2.php and change "Page 2" to "Rebuild Process" ... and you might want to run your define page content through a spelling checker -- I think you might want preparation instead of preperation.

The 'page_2' that comes in the browser's address window <yoursite>?main_page=page_2 is just the name of the page that is being processed and can't be changed without creating a new page_name for your processing.

Plugin Contributions

Right, found the appropriate file and can now edit the titles, thank you. Also typo corrected!!

If I need to add some code to the head tag how do I go about that? To enable the zen lightbox on the images.

Plugin Contributions

I have looked through the docs from the zen lightbox and I think I can enable to lightbox from the images that I choose from there.

Plugin Contributions

What you can do is create the file /includes/modules/pages/page_2/header_php_lightbox.php and use that for any header-related changes that you might need to make. That way, you're not modifying one of the Zen Cart "core" files so that your changes will remain intact on any subsequent upgrade.

Once you get it working, if you post back how you did it I'm sure that other people would be interested!

Plugin Contributions

OK well the zen lightbox docs explains how to add the lightbox options to images on a page other than a product page, but I can give an overview here:

1. Look at the source of one of your product pages with the lightbox enabled. Here you will find each image is a div called "productAdditionalImages" with a hyperlink tag which has an image inside it, and a bit of javascript and noscript code. Copy this code over to your new page, and then change the image urls of the small and large images to the urls of the image you want to display. Copy the code again for as many images as you want. Dont miss out the closing div tag.

2. Some extra code then needs to be loaded in the head tag of any page that has the lightbox images. to add this in, go to your downloaded install files for the zen lightbox, and in the root of the folder you will find a file called "jscript_zen_lightbox.php". This file needs to be copied to the appropriate folder, for me it was "/includes/modules/pages/page_2/" as page_2 is the page I wanted the images to appear on. Each page has its own folder, and any files put in that folder will be included in that pages code. Copy the file over, and it should then be included in the header of page_2 whenever it is loaded.

Hope that helps people!

I have another related question myself. For my products that have more than one image, all of the extra images are displayed at the bottom of the page, but omitting the first image. Is there a way to include the first image in the list at the bottom of the page?

Plugin Contributions

Referring to the answer below: does it mean we can't change the page 2 url to something else? i.e. from <yoursite>?main_page=page_2 to <yoursite>?main_page=about_us

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    The 'page_2' that comes in the browser's address window <yoursite>?main_page=page_2 is just the name of the page that is being processed and can't be changed without creating a new page_name for your processing.
    ~f~
    with gratitude

Plugin Contributions

Look at the About Us plugin (http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=86). That plugin identifies the files that are required for any new page that you create for your store (i.e. yourstore.com/main_page=any_new_page_name). You can use that as a model to change the page_2 references to about_us.

P.S. Even though the plugin states that it's for v1.3.9, it works with the later Zen Cart versions, too.