Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Product Listing Sorter Drop-Down [Support Thread]

This mod REPLACES the stock alphasorter drop-down in the product listing (as referenced/enabled in Admin->Configuration->Product Listing->Include Product Listing Alpha Sorter Dropdown) with a configurable list of sorting options.
    This is NOT a filter: all the products are displayed in the chosen order.

This is a development of the Product Filter Module and has been uploaded as a new mod, since it "sorts", not "filters".
    Last edited by torvista; 4 Feb 2013 at 10:40 AM.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Listing Sorter Drop-Down [Support Thread]

Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Does this filter by price too?

James
    FMUK Consulting - Web Design & Development | Graphics | Marketing | Apps - http://www.FMUKConsulting.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

...a configurable list of sorting options.
    yes, that's included in the mod as-is, but the point is you can easily add/remove whatever options you deem necessary.
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

Great Mod!!

How to set a default sort order like "Newest" for all categories and subcategories?

Cheers!

Plugin Contributions

I too have the same problem. Please indicate what line to modify in order to have the DEFAULT SORT ORDER be for Newest Items Descending.

I already have it set under Admin -> Configuration -> Product Listing -> Display Product Listing Default Sort Order -> 20a

However, your code (under index_filters/default_filter) isn't clear on what to change in order to sort by NEWEST ITEMS ADDED.

Since it doesn't look like this module is supported by the creator (judging by the lack of response in this thread from the last poster), I have uninstalled the module. If you have the time to address this issue, I would be more than happy to reinstate this module on our website to test it out for you.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Default Product Listing Sorter Drop-Down [Support Thread]

I have done a 1.3 version of this which is completely different from the existing version 1.2.

1) A new configurable sorting drop-down leaving the current available drop-downs (Manufacturer filter and Alpha-Sort filter) and column-heading sorting functionality intact so you can use all three drop-downs at the same time.
    2) Use of the column-heading sorting functionality resets the new sorter drop-down.
    3) The filtered and sorted listing order is retained when entering a product info page and returning to the listing.
    4) The filtered and sorted listing order is used when using the product info page prev/next navigation.

As its been quite difficult to get working I'd like some help to test it as much as possible before uploading it, so please pm me with your email address to get a copy.

thanks
    Steve
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

I have installed the Product Listing Sorter module. Is there a way to copy this alpha sorter to the All Products page?

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to copy this alpha sorter to the All Products page
    There already is a sorter there, better to modify that one.
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

Ok, my version 2.0 is now available in the plugins
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1612

its a very different animal than the previous attempts (ie it works...), it adds a new drop-down instead of replacing whats already there. If you want to see it working, select a bike type on my site motorvista dot es / tienda
    Steve

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast