Plugin Contributions

Default Can't login into Admin Tried to Reset the password but keep getting errors

I saw the FAQ where it talks about the error There was a security error when trying to login
    i tried everything, as I couldn't remember the last password I used I made the system to send me a new temporary one. But no matter what combination I used the system keeps rejecting the passwords I chose ...
    then I got the security error shown above ...
    I am using different letter and numbers combinations as I can't use @ inside the password as I used to with previous versions, and no matter what I write it always rejects it ... My

session.use_only_cookies =0

This is not an upgrade is the plain 1.5.0 version with a few modules. Where else can I look to fix this? I'm on CP with WHM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't login into Admin Tried to Reset the password but keep getting errors

Finally I was able to get a new password accepted, so i was able to login ...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't login into Admin Tried to Reset the password but keep getting errors

I am using ZC V1.5, Php V5.2.17, SQL V5.1.72 Up until last evening I was able to log into my admin with no problem. Suddenly, admin won't accept my username and/or password. When I try to request a new PW, using my email address, the space keeps clearing and sits blank, waiting for me to try again. Meanwhile I am still receiving forum update emails to the exact same email address as I am using to get a new password. I have read the turorial but do not comprehend what I am supposed to enter into SQL query in the Php admin. I cannot understand why my email address won't work to send me a new password but will send me updates from the forum question I'd asked previously.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by actionjackson57 View Post
    I am using ZC V1.5, Php V5.2.17, SQL V5.1.72 Up until last evening I was able to log into my admin with no problem. Suddenly, admin won't accept my username and/or password. When I try to request a new PW, using my email address, the space keeps clearing and sits blank, waiting for me to try again. Meanwhile I am still receiving forum update emails to the exact same email address as I am using to get a new password. I have read the turorial but do not comprehend what I am supposed to enter into SQL query in the Php admin. I cannot understand why my email address won't work to send me a new password but will send me updates from the forum question I'd asked previously.
    Are you saying that you can't change your Zen Cart FORUM password, or that you can't change your STORE ADMIN password?

Plugin Contributions

I cannot access my admin at all. It will not accept my email address to send me another password. I used the site until last evening with no issues regarding username or password. Late last night I noticed my site was not showing the https:// before my url. I called my hosting company to ask why it was missing. They didn't know, so they set it back to being on. Not sure if that caused the problem I am having logging in or not. If I cannot log in nor change my password, I have to find another way to access the admin to change the password.

Quote Originally Posted by picandnix View Post
    Are you saying that you can't change your Zen Cart FORUM password, or that you can't change your STORE ADMIN password?

Plugin Contributions

I cannot access my admin at all. It will not accept my email address to send me another password. I used the site until last evening with no issues regarding username or password. Late last night I noticed my site was not showing the https:// before my url. I called my hosting company to ask why it was missing. They didn't know, so they set it back to being on. Not sure if that caused the problem I am having logging in or not. If I cannot log in nor change my password, I have to find another way to access the admin to change the password.
    So you would follow the instructions for 1.5.x as appropriate. Also, you will need to add any table prefix necessary where the table name admin is used. (Don't need to modify any other fields).

If the tables in phpMyAdmin don't begin with anything consistent then can use the SQL statement without modification. As to "where" to enter it, as long as you are access the database that is used in your ZC, then if there is somewhere to enter SQL statements. (Usually a tab along top that just says SQL or query). Just follow the instructions at: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi and thank you for your help. Unfortunately, your solution is way over my head at this time. I just spoke to my hosting company and sure enough, I couldn't access my admin site due to an error a tech person made when re-establishing the SSL for my retail site. He also told me that the errors and changes I've been experiencing on my site were caused by the upgrade to Php5.x.x.

Is it possible that a ZC developer will be able to 'update' the add ons on my site to work with the newer Php and save me possibly many hours of individually changing the Products Qty Units? I think that would be preferable to my trying to change those on a global basis. I really appreciate all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So you would follow the instructions for 1.5.x as appropriate. Also, you will need to add any table prefix necessary where the table name admin is used. (Don't need to modify any other fields).

If the tables in phpMyAdmin don't begin with anything consistent then can use the SQL statement without modification. As to "where" to enter it, as long as you are access the database that is used in your ZC, then if there is somewhere to enter SQL statements. (Usually a tab along top that just says SQL or query). Just follow the instructions at: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44

Plugin Contributions

I am now able to access my admin again. The problem was caused when the tech person who re-established my SSL, redirected a HD access file to the wrong place. (That's me sounding as if I know what that is, but it's just what the last tech support person told me caused the problem.) Thank you to anyone who asked about this and tried to help.

Plugin Contributions

I am now able to access my admin again. The problem was caused when the tech person who re-established my SSL, redirected a HD access file to the wrong place. (That's me sounding as if I know what that is, but it's just what the last tech support person told me caused the problem.) Thank you to anyone who asked about this and tried to help.
    So now that able to access admin panel did that fix the products qty units issue that was a concern? Yes, plugins should be updated; however, generally speaking they don't affect the units and/or minimum; however, it could be just what is needed... At worse everything will be up-to-date... (Sure they didn't say that you had a redirect in your htaccess file to the wrong place?)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

You are right of course about htaccess, I'm sure. My misunderstanding of what he said.
    No, I didn't fix the products qty issue, other than to start to change each product one by one. I decided there's too many exceptions to the rule to try to do it globally. Wish I could get hold of the previous developer who did so much of the work on the add ons/plugins. Where's a good place to find a knowledgeable ZC developer to get things updated for us? I hired the past one from Elance but it's a time consuming process to find the right person, with the right skills. Thank you again for so much help all the way thru this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So now that able to access admin panel did that fix the products qty units issue that was a concern? Yes, plugins should be updated; however, generally speaking they don't affect the units and/or minimum; however, it could be just what is needed... At worse everything will be up-to-date... (Sure they didn't say that you had a redirect in your htaccess file to the wrong place?)