Plugin Contributions

Default After adding SSL, getting your session has timed out error

Hello,

I have this cart all setup and ready to go. It works great until I turn the SSL on through /includes.

When the SSL is turned off everything works. But as soon as I turn the SSL on it works until I try to checkout, then I get a " Whoops! Your session has expired" error.

What i've did is the following. I've a fully productional webshop and a development webshop:

production: www.mysite.nl/shop, db: db01
    development: www.mytestdomain.nl/test, db: db02

Now i rename the foler shop to shop.org and the folder test to shop. I already configured the configure.php files for the new site so i only have to upload them. So my new site runs smoothly for only ssl.

What happened also is that because of this failure i went back back several times to the original situation. This was a success including ssl, everything was working just fine again. But now for some reason my production site has the same error. SSL enabled will give the session timed out error.
    Im' stumped. I'm running Zen cart 1.5.1 for the new site and 1.3.8a for the old one with a Shared SSL.

I have searched the forums and tried everything, nothing is working.

can someone plz help me?

regards, Michael

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After adding SSL, getting your session has timed out error

First place to start is deleting your browser cache and cookies, because they're probably confused by the domain name changes and SSL changes.

Anything else would require more details, such as your actual domain name, and a list of all the ways you've changed your site vs original Zen Cart code, and answers to all the Posting Tips questions which appear when you click Reply button below.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

Ty for your reply. I'm pretty sure that it has nothing to do with cached information. I've tried it from several locations and computers and the same error appears. The following plugins are installed within the new site. Like i said before, the error appears suddenly with my original shop which functioned just fine.
    I re-installed the shop in the production folder and with the default settings and template i get the same result.

anyway the installed plugins:
    - zen-lightbox 1.6.4
    - pdf invoice 1.5
    - extra field custome sign on
    - contact info sidebox
    - admin login as customer
    - add more pages sidebox

•What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    •Has your site been upgraded? When? From what version(s)?
    No, new installation
    •If you've upgraded, HOW did you upgrade? (official upgrade procedure or an automated script from your hosting company?)
    •What plugins/addons have you installed? When?
    see above
    •HOW did you install Zen Cart? (upload via FTP and run zc_install, or a one-click install from your hosting company? (one-click installs might mean you don't have enough information about your site/server to make customizations easily))
    manual installation
    •What version of PHP and MySQL is your server using? (See Admin->Tools->Server Info)
    php 5.3.3.7 mysql 5.1.66
    •WHEN did the problem "start"? How does that compare with other events of your hosting company, changes you've made to your site files/addons, or your admin settings, etc?
    When i rename my test folder to production and enable ssl
    •If this is your first store, have you tested all aspects of transactions before going live?
    •In what ways is your site customized or different from a brand new uncustomized install?
    different template
    •If you're encountering display/layout problems, post your site URL* so it can be seen in action.
    •If you're encountering problems that could be related to your server or hosting company, include the name of your hosting company (not their URL).
    •HAVE YOU LOOKED IN THE FAQ AREA for answers to your question? (ie: a search for your error message or what you want to edit/change, etc)
    Yes, similar threads but unfortenately without a solution

•Have you searched the FORUM for your error message or for answers to the question you're asking?
    Yes, similar threads but unfortenately without a solution

The shared ssl link works just fine and the site is displayed in https format. I've run your sslcheck.php script which reports a fully functional ssl site.
    - Is it possible that a ssl session "hangs" on the hoster side?
    - re-configure .htaccess file?

Regards,
    Michael
    Last edited by roekoe; 10 Feb 2013 at 11:40 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. rename your .htaccess file to htaccess_OFF.
    (I'm referring to the one you added in the root of your store, in the same directory as the ipn_main_handler.php file. Don't touch the other .htaccess files contained in subdirectories that came with Zen Cart.)

2. What is your URL?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    1. rename your .htaccess file to htaccess_OFF.
    (I'm referring to the one you added in the root of your store, in the same directory as the ipn_main_handler.php file. Don't touch the other .htaccess files contained in subdirectories that came with Zen Cart.)
    No .htaccess in this directory
    2. What is your URL?
    Is it possible te remove the url alter on? And i have to turn ssl to true, so i have to wait for your immediately respons (for other customers can't pay when ssl set to true).

TY

Plugin Contributions

one more thing. I changed to ssl for the admin part and this results in a similar error. I can login to the admin but when i choose an option modify it loops right back to the admin login page.

Plugin Contributions

not relevant
    Last edited by roekoe; 11 Feb 2013 at 08:46 PM.

Plugin Contributions

It's getting a little bit better. I managed to get my original production working again with ssl for working with ie and ff.

I reinstalled zencart for testing purposes and did some additional tests. With a default installation the ssl part will work with ie, with ff the same timed out errors occur.