Plugin Contributions

Default AgoraCart running while building my new store? Sub-folder install possible?

I currently run AgoraCart on my domain for my online store (www.farmersapothecary.com). After some research into its features, I'm really thinking I would like to switch to using Zen Cart. Would there be any foreseeable issues to installing Zen Cart into a subfolder on the domain, and building the Zen Cart driven shop while leaving my AgoraCart shop running until I got to a point where I could make the switch official? I've been reading through the site, and found a tutorial on moving the cart from a subfolder to the root, so that seemed pretty straightforward. I'm mostly worried about breaking my current AgoraCart by installing Zen Cart on the same domain.

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: AgoraCart running while building my new store? Sub-folder install possible?

Sounds a good plan. Make sure that the public can't find it.
    You can test the zen-cart until you feel ready to go live.
    There is lots of info available in the faq's and the tutorials that will help you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: AgoraCart running while building my new store? Sub-folder install possible?

We set up zencart in sub-folders on many, many sites - including Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal ...

As long as you keep it all in its own folder / directory it will not interfere with other platforms.

In most cases, we set a folder password (htpasswd) which blocks unwanted visitors, including SE spiders.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Cool. Thanks much guys! :)