Plugin Contributions

Default can't reach my admin anymore after selecting a different language...

Hi,
    I have installed zencart 1.5.0 and everything looked good.
    So I decided to download the latest dutch language pack ( http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1156 )
    and I uploaded it in admin/includes/languages and in includes/languages, then i have set up a nem language in my admin.
    All this went very good, but then I selected in the menubar the dutch language, after that the admin area disappeared.

when I try to reach my admin I get an HTTP-error 500.

can anyone tell me how i must fix this???

thank you in advance!!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: can't reach my admin anymore after selecting a different language...

Until your admin session times out it will be attempting to remember the last selected language. So, if you've got problems with your added language pack, you'll have to wait at least 15-30 minutes before it will reset itself. Or clear your browser's cache and cookies for immediate reset.
    Or add ?language=english to your Admin URL to have it switch back to English.

Next, you need to fix the cause of your 500 error. Chances are you've set your files to 777 permissions and your hosting company has the server configured to disallow 777 for security reasons. In that case 755 is usually the right alternative. Talk to your hosting company for confirmation.

FAQ article found by searching for "500": http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...l-server-error

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: can't reach my admin anymore after selecting a different language...

Thanks for your reply, I have followed your steps but when I go to my admin, the page stays completely white..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Next, you need to fix the cause of your 500 error. Chances are you've set your files to 777 permissions and your hosting company has the server configured to disallow 777 for security reasons. In that case 755 is usually the right alternative. Talk to your hosting company for confirmation.

FAQ article found by searching for "500": http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...l-server-error
    I don't get the 500 error anymore, though

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.