Thread: Paypal Issues

Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Issues

Is anyone have any issues with paypal. I have had this happen a few times now. Someone will go to my site, buy something and pay with paypal.
    I get a notice from paypal that I need to accept the payment.
    Normally this happens automatically and paypal send a token back to zen cart so it creates the sale.
    When i get this accept notice i never get an order on the site
    I have called paypal and they say they know about the problem but I am getting no where with them
    Its getting very frustrating as its happening almost 50% of the time now

any ideas??????

thanks as always

Dave

www.thecoinopshopinc.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Issues

What is the reason shown in PayPal on that transaction about "why" you need to "accept the payment"?
    Is it because the currency of the purchase is in a currency you don't have enabled in your PayPal account? If so you can change that in PayPal's settings.
    Is it because the customer's address is one that needs you to accept it? If so, you can adjust those acceptance preferences in your PayPal account settings.
    Is it for some other reason? What is it?

Which PayPal module are you using in your store? Express Checkout? or Standard? (EC is by far the better choice over Standard)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am using the standard mod.
    I dont have a reason. They have all been us $ same as everyone else
    Not sure if address is causing it. How would I check?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    What is the reason shown in PayPal on that transaction about "why" you need to "accept the payment"?
    Is it because the currency of the purchase is in a currency you don't have enabled in your PayPal account? If so you can change that in PayPal's settings.
    Is it because the customer's address is one that needs you to accept it? If so, you can adjust those acceptance preferences in your PayPal account settings.
    Is it for some other reason? What is it?
    The answer to your last question is found in the answers to my questions, which only you can answer ... by looking in your Paypal account in the exact screen where you say you're required to "approve" the transaction. Read what's there for the answers you seek

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.