Plugin Contributions

Default Help Needed With order.php

Right now the code looks like this:

// include copyright
    $email_order .= "\Please reply to this email if you have any questions. Thank you for your order.\nTeam Designer Perfume Snob\n" . EMAIL_FOOTER_COPYRIGHT . "\n\n";

And the Order Confirmation looks like this:

Please reply to this email if you have any questions. Thank you for your order.
    Team Designer Perfume Snob
    Copyright (c) 2013 DesignerPerfumeSnob.com. Powered by Zen Cart

I'm looking for two changes:

I'd like a line of space above the words Team Designer Perfume Snob.

I'd like to remove the Copyright and the powered by Zen Cart from this email. I have this on the Footer and that is where I think it belongs. Not so much on an order confirmation email.

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help Needed With order.php

I'd like a line of space above the words Team Designer Perfume Snob.
    pretty sure you just need to ad an extra \n like this:
    PHP Code:
     // include copyright

$email_order .= "\Please reply to this email if you have any questions. Thank you for your order.\n\nTeam Designer Perfume Snob\n" EMAIL_FOOTER_COPYRIGHT "\n\n"
    I'd like to remove the Copyright and the powered by Zen Cart from this email. I have this on the Footer and that is where I think it belongs. Not so much on an order confirmation email.
    best way is to use developers tool kit to find the lanugae file it is located in an dele it from there. if there is not template override for that language file you should create one and modify that.
    Phil Rogers
    A problem shared is a problem solved.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

"\n" is a line-break. So if you want double-spacing, use "\n\n"

If you don't want it to output the copyright, remove the . EMAIL_FOOTER_COPYRIGHT part from it.

Or, better yet, update the copyright text to say what you want it to say. But there's really nothing wrong with what it currently says.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

When I do a test order, I can't open Checkout. It says I have a programming error. I must have something wrong when I changed this code. Could you please advise? Thank you.

Original:

$email_order .= "\Please reply to this email if you have any questions. Thank you for your order.\nTeam Designer Perfume Snob\n" . EMAIL_FOOTER_COPYRIGHT . "\n\n";

Changed to:

$email_order .= "\Please reply to this email if you have any questions. Thank you for your order. "\n\n"Team Designer Perfume Snob"\n";
    Last edited by traytray; 14 Feb 2013 at 09:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You've got mismatched quotes.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Still doesn't help.

$email_order .= "\Please reply to this email if you have any questions. Thank you for your order. "\n\n"Team Designer Perfume Snob"n\n";

Could there be another reason Checkout wouldn't open?

Plugin Contributions

Update* I put it back to the original to make sure this was causing the problem. Once the original was in place, Checkout opened fine. My code is creating the problem.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

philip937 gave you correct syntax earlier, but you keep changing it.

Use this:
    Code:
        $email_order .= "Please reply to this email if you have any questions. Thank you for your order.\n\nTeam Designer Perfume Snob\n\n";
    You will find you create yourself fewer errors if you use a text editor which can do syntax-highlighting for PHP, such as Notepad++ http://notepad-plus.sf.net since it will show you instantly when you have your quotes mismatched, and more.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry! When you said:

"\n" is a line-break. So if you want double-spacing, use "\n\n"

I thought you were correcting the first reply I received. It's working fine now. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Phew, thought I'd led you up the garden path then!

Glad it's all working ok now :)
    Phil Rogers
    A problem shared is a problem solved.