Plugin Contributions

Default Hi I have a quick question!

Hello,

So I have been working on a site for awhile now and I was just curious can you run a complete professional e-commerce website just using zencart and its features, or is it just a cart and you need something to go along with it like say adobe dreamweaver to make the site look great and function well and just attach the zen cart to it. Or can I just use zencart and get the same outcome?

I hope this made sense!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Hi I have a quick question about Zencart!

There are many, many professional Zencart sites. Fact is, you can't really just use Zencart as a backend cart script. It's intended to be your whole site.

Put Dreamweaver away when working with Zencart.

Plugin Contributions

Ok perfect thats what I needed to know. Thank you for your time and response! Im assuming it will also work with say photoshop images fine!!
    Last edited by Darion; 15 Feb 2013 at 08:31 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Darion View Post
    Ok perfect thats what I needed to know. Thank you for your time and response! Im assuming it will also work with say photoshop images fine!!
    Bear in mind that if you have been working with Dreamweaver (creating "html" sites) you will need to "forget" much of what you know about website building (with Dreamweaver) because zencart works using dynamic page construction using PHP code and a database.

There are no "pages" as you may understand them.

"Pages" are compiled dynamically - "on the fly"... they do not exist until a visitor to the site clicks a link - and then the code cobbles the "page" together, gathering up all the bits that make up the page - stripping these into a HTML framework, and then sending it down the internet to the visitor's screen, where it is rendered on the browser.

When the visitor clicks another link, the "page" they are on disappears forever, and a new page is assembled - and perhaps some calculations are performed along the way.

So... put DreamWeaver back in its box - it is of little use to you with zencart. (Experts can use it, but you need an exceptionally good understanding of php, css and mySql to bring the whole thing together.)

Images... well - all you need are web-ready jpg files. Some people use png, but jpg is the best format.

It makes no difference how these are created - as long as they are web-ready...
    20 years a Zencart User