Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Remove/edit items in nav bar

I am using the template Emeralda on my site (http://www.livingtowers.com/coopstore) and I would like to edit or remove some of the options in the nav bar along the top. Right now you'll see there is Home - New Products - Specials - Featured Products - My Account. Where can I a) change these titles and b) change the page it goes to when you click it.

Thanks to EVERYONE for their help so far. The store has been running now for a little over a week and is doing exactly what I want it too. I have one or two small modules to install but it is almost complete!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove/edit items in nav bar

If this is similar to other templates by 12leaves, then the header navigation elements are in:

includes/templates/emerelda/templates/tpl_top_nav.php
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Sadly that file doesn't exist. Any other suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Use the Developers Toolkit to search for: header_bar_ls_active

I found that by looking at the raw HTML "source" of your page (I used Firebug in Firefox, but Chrome/Safari have an "Inspect" option as well) and seeing what div your menu is contained in. Chances are you'll find that id mentioned in your templates, thus it'll be something that'll show up by searching for it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks! HTML and CSS are still very new to me but I will search for that and attempt to edit in the morning.

Plugin Contributions

The menu bar is in:

includes/templates/emeralda/common/tpl_header.php .

The code that is relevant is:-

HTML Code:
    <!--bof-header navigation bar display-->
    <div id="header_bar">
    	<div id="header_bar_ls<?php if ($this_is_home_page) { ?>_active<?php } ?>"><a href="<?php echo HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a></div>
    	<ul id="nav_bar_content">
    		<li><?php echo zen_image($template->get_template_dir('nav_delim.gif', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images'). '/' . 'nav_delim.gif', ''); ?></li>
    		<?php
    		if ($current_page_base == 'products_new') $products_new_page='item_active'; else $products_new_page = 'products_new';
    		if ($current_page_base == 'specials') $specials_page = 'item_active';  else $specials_page = 'products_specials';
    		if ($current_page_base == 'featured_products') $featured_products_page = 'item_active'; else $featured_products_page='products_featured';

if ($current_page_base == 'account' || $current_page_base == 'login' || $current_page_base == 'account_edit' || $current_page_base == 'address_book' || $current_page_base == 'account_password' || $current_page_base == 'account_newsletters' || $current_page_base == 'account_notifications') $account_page = 'item_active'; else $account_page = 'account';
    		?>
    				<li id="<?php echo $products_new_page;?>"><a href="index.php?main_page=products_new"><?php echo HEADER_NEW_PRODUCTS;?></a></li>

<li><?php echo zen_image($template->get_template_dir('nav_delim.gif', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images'). '/' . 'nav_delim.gif', ''); ?></li>

<li id="<?php echo $specials_page;?>"><a href="index.php?main_page=specials"><?php echo HEADER_SPECIALS;?></a></li>

<li id="<?php echo $featured_products_page;?>"><a href="index.php?main_page=featured_products"><?php echo HEADER_FEATURED_PRODUCTS;?></a></li>

<li id="<?php echo $account_page;?>"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_MY_ACCOUNT;?></a></li>
    	</ul>
    	<div id="header_bar_rs"></div>

<div id="navMainSearch">
    		<?php
    		  $content = "";
    		  $content .= zen_draw_form('quick_find_header', zen_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get');
    		  $content .= zen_draw_hidden_field('main_page',FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT);
    		  $content .= zen_draw_hidden_field('search_in_description', '1') . zen_hide_session_id();

$content .= '<input class="button-search-header float-left" type="image" src="' . $template->get_template_dir('', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images') . '/search_button.png' . '" value="Search" /><div class="input_div">'. zen_draw_input_field('keyword', '', 'size="6" maxlength="30" style="width: 142px" class="search_input" value="' . HEADER_SEARCH_DEFAULT_TEXT . '" onfocus="if (this.value == \'' . HEADER_SEARCH_DEFAULT_TEXT . '\') this.value = \'\';" onblur="if (this.value == \'\') this.value = \'' . HEADER_SEARCH_DEFAULT_TEXT . '\';"').'</div>';
    		  $content .= "</form>";
    		  echo($content);
    		?>
    	</div>
    </div>
    <!--eof-header navigation bar display-->
    20 years a Zencart User