Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove/edit items in nav bar

Sorry for not being clear enough. Reading back through a post a made earlier I missed a point. I want to change the text shown in the nav bar (ie from Specials to Household for example) and also change the URL that they go to when they click on it (this I didn't really explain too well before). I just want it to go to a page that already exists (either an existing category or an EZ Page).

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The format of a link is:
    <a href="PUT THE URL HERE">text to click on here</a>

So, make whatever change you need in your template to accomplish that end result.

For the "PUT THE URL HERE", put in the URL to the page you want them to go to.
    If your site is truly unilingual then just type in the actual "text to click on here" instead of adding the advanced support for multiple languages.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help. I have figured out how to amend the header in the bar and the target URL. How difficult is it to add a new item to the Nav bar?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Judging from the tpl_header.php code you posted earlier, it's as simple as adding another item:
    Code:
    <li><a href="URL">Text To Click On</a></li>

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

One of the existing 'Headers' there right now had this as the code in the tpl_header.php file

Code:
    <li id="<?php echo $products_new_page;?>"><a href="index.php?main_page=products_new"><?php echo HEADER_NEW_PRODUCTS;?></a></li>
    If I add what you suggested where do I add the rest of the code, and what syntax, to get the header I want to appear on the bar?

Code:
    <li><a href="URL">Text To Click On</a></li>
    If I wanted to add another header that says "Seedlings" what code do I need to copy and amend in what files?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Same file. Add it immediately before or after the one you quoted.
    Code:
    <li><a href="whatever the URL is to your seedlings page">Seedlings</a></li>
    You don't need to use any PHP like <?php echo HEADER_SOMETHING_SOMETHING;?> if you're not needing to make your page multilanguage-friendly. So, in my example that's why I just said "Seedlings" instead of adding any PHP at all.

Plugin Contributions

Oh great. There's me making things way more complicated than they are. Will give it a go! :) Thanks as always! I appreciate you helping me.

Plugin Contributions

I tried that. It didn't work. I added the following but it didn't add another heading in the nav bar.
    Code:
    <li><a href="index.php?main_page=index&cPath=17">Seedlings</a></li>

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Did you perhaps change the wrong tpl_header.php file? Your changes need to be in the one that's in the folder which contains the template you've got active on your site.

Plugin Contributions

The <li> tags are given an ID (which is parsed into the tag depending on whether it is active or idle.)

It MIGHT be that the visibility / position of the <li> is governed by CSS... (The fact that the template author has gone to the trouble of assigning an ID suggests this may be the case.)

So you MIGHT need to add an ID to your <li> tag, then see what CSS is controlling the other <li> tags, and write a declaration that mimics their behaviour.
    20 years a Zencart User

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast