Plugin Contributions

Default header search field not working - showing 0 results

I have a search field at the in my header. I believe I have all the php files in place for it, however no matter what I search for, I get 0 results. Also, this site is based on a template monster and the search was not part of the template, however all the files are in the right place for it. Can somebody help me figure out how to get search field working or showing results?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: header search field not working - showing 0 results

Quote Originally Posted by noyloza View Post
    I have a search field at the in my header. I believe I have all the php files in place for it, however no matter what I search for, I get 0 results. Also, this site is based on a template monster and the search was not part of the template, however all the files are in the right place for it. Can somebody help me figure out how to get search field working or showing results?
    Unless we get to look at all the underlying code, nobody here can help you.

And with TemplateMonster, this can take a very long time - so you may have to pay someone to take a look. Nobody can devote hours to a job and do it for free.

And most helpers on this forum do not like TemplateMonster stuff, because it tends to wreck core behaviour.

HOWEVER...

What happens to your search feature when you activate the standard SEARCH SIDEBOX?

And why are you hard-coding a search feature into the header, when there is also a SEARCH HEADER in the layout boxes controller?

Basically... does your search function work when you use standard settings?

If you cannot get core functions to work, then go ask TemplateMonster to assist you... afterall, you did pay them money, didn't you? Surely they offer support?
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

thanks for your response schoolboy.

When I activate my standard search box, I still get the advanced search results page, but with no results, even when searching using a product title. Another weird thing is I also sometimes get this message- "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again."

The layout boxes search header is on, and still nothing gets picked up. I hard coded it because the template didn't have the search feature. So I guess the search never worked, but sometimes I get the advanced search results page, and sometimes I get that error.... Any advice? Template monster won't help..

Plugin Contributions

Who knows what Template Monster have removed from your functionality? Only Template Monster...

You will have to ask them to work out what's wrong.

Nobody on this forum has hours and hours to devote to unpicking the problems they cause. The advice we give is mostly related to standard zencart functionality, because that is what we know. Experienced zenners keep well away from TemplateMonster because they implement a huge number of radical changes - many of which break things.

Some good advice: Do not use TemplateMonster stuff.
    20 years a Zencart User