I somehow got a weird combo of 1.3.8 and 1.3.9h on my site. Everything worked OK until the host upgraded PHP. Then I began getting ereg errors, etc. in Admin

No problems with the shopping cart itself. Just admin prompts.

I was told to upgrade to 1.5 which I want to do. But I was trying to get everything on the proper 1.3.9h files first.

I ran Winmerge against my site and modified some of the virgin 1.3.9h files and copied them over to the server.

I tested accessing admin at various points in the conversions. It worked until today. After I finished, I can no longer access my Admin. Problem is, I did it in batches over several days and the cleaning crew at the office trashed my check sheets I was using to log which files I changed and uploaded when.

I had a backup of the whole site but lost THAT in a computer crash last month. So bad luck is following me <g>.

I try to access admin and get the HTTP 404 error, so I know it's not seeing the path. DrByte already confirmed this for me in a different thread I had accidently posted to. I also see http://www.legacyleathercraft.com/admin/alert_page.php in the address bar.

I didn't change the configuration.php file in \admin and did not change the configure.php in \admin\includes But I have gone over both just in case. I see nothing wrong (to me) with my paths. They look the same as the relavent paths in the \includes\configure.php file.

I read some of the threads here and tried the adding of the www. to the path without any change.

Any ideas where to look next or what to try?

Thanks

Tom