Plugin Contributions

Default Can't log into Admin

I somehow got a weird combo of 1.3.8 and 1.3.9h on my site. Everything worked OK until the host upgraded PHP. Then I began getting ereg errors, etc. in Admin

No problems with the shopping cart itself. Just admin prompts.

I was told to upgrade to 1.5 which I want to do. But I was trying to get everything on the proper 1.3.9h files first.

I ran Winmerge against my site and modified some of the virgin 1.3.9h files and copied them over to the server.

I tested accessing admin at various points in the conversions. It worked until today. After I finished, I can no longer access my Admin. Problem is, I did it in batches over several days and the cleaning crew at the office trashed my check sheets I was using to log which files I changed and uploaded when.

I had a backup of the whole site but lost THAT in a computer crash last month. So bad luck is following me <g>.

I try to access admin and get the HTTP 404 error, so I know it's not seeing the path. DrByte already confirmed this for me in a different thread I had accidently posted to. I also see http://www.legacyleathercraft.com/admin/alert_page.php in the address bar.

I didn't change the configuration.php file in \admin and did not change the configure.php in \admin\includes But I have gone over both just in case. I see nothing wrong (to me) with my paths. They look the same as the relavent paths in the \includes\configure.php file.

I read some of the threads here and tried the adding of the www. to the path without any change.

Any ideas where to look next or what to try?

Thanks

Tom

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't log into Admin

Usually you're directed to rename your /admin/ folder to something less obvious, for security reasons.
    If you did that and then later come along and try to visit a file in your /admin/ folder, you'll definitely get a 404 error because there is indeed no admin folder.
    Instead, changing the URL in your browser address bar to reflect the new name of your admin folder will get you to your actual admin login.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Actually, I never did rename it. But I did some messing around and found that that URL that was coming up (/alert_page.php) didn;t exist in the admin folder. I found it in my 9.h files and put it there. Now it is telling me to rename the folder.

Did 9h require the renaming to function? that would explain why and how I broke it.

I'm going to mess with it tomorrow. tomorrow comes early.

Thanks

Tom

Plugin Contributions

Actually, I couldn't sleep. And it was a simple enough fix to try, but that did it.

Being as I had a mix of 1.3.8 or .9x and .9h, it seems, my moving one of the .9h files over "broke" it. And not having the alert_page.php file in the admin folder, I didn't see the alert.

Anyway, DrByte, thank you very much for your quick reponse and accurate help.

I'm fixed now and ready to upgrade to 1.5.1, I think.

Do you think I should uninstall my add-ins? I have easypopulate, CEON, one to allow more images per line/page and one to help make additional pages like page5, etc.. I never DID figure out EZPAGES.

Thanks again..

Tom

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. Make good backups of what you've got now, in case you need to rollback for whatever reason.
    2. You can uninstall plugins you know you're not going to use anymore.
    3. You can uninstall and then install new versions of other plugins. Or a hybrid of that might be following those plugins' documented upgrade instructions to know what files to remove, replace, add, as well as database updates required by them.

4. Take good notes about what you do. That way you can quickly and easily re-play them when it comes time to go live . . . a la http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.