Plugin Contributions

Default How to display basket final price?

I would like to display the basket final price in the shopping cart, how can I do that?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to display basket final price?

What cost elements do you want to show in this Final Price?
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I want to set this as the final price... like $50. Basically it will give me the flexibility to customize the price based on some additional attribute that is customer specified...Like an installment fee. I went into the database and plugged in a value to final price but it does not show up on the store and I don't understand why not.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Would you be willing to share the much larger bigger picture about what it is you're trying to accomplish?

You're asking implementation-type questions, without explaining the business reasons behind those questions, and if we only answer implementation questions you are likely to end up with answers that take you in the wrong direction or which are much less efficient than if the whole context is taken into consideration.
    You've got other posts recently about changing the shopping-cart class and doing ajax manipulation. I gather those factor into this question, but even those posts have little context information either.

What's the bigger picture?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

So I have a database and software that bridges to my zencart. The bridging software stores installment payment plans and I am trying to display the appropriate installment payment on the zencart. So, I was able to get the zencart to connect to the other software via ajax to list available installments. Then, I built the product page such that the user can select their preferred installment plan. Now I need to store the installment price. After looking over the Zencart db structure it seems there are two ways to do this. I can either store it in the basket as final price or create attributes for each installment with the appropriate price. I went into the database and added a final price in the basket and an attribute price in the database but nothing happened in the shopping cart. Did I miss a step? What is suppose to happen when I include these prices? vincastar @ gmail dot com

Plugin Contributions

Ok I see that I can display the attribute price if I update the attributes onetime price field. Now I need to figure out how to total only the attribute price. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!
    Last edited by tiffbrink; 22 Feb 2013 at 10:36 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Ok I figured it out : )

Plugin Contributions

Glad you figured it out:) Would you mind sharing what worked for you, to help others who might have a similar question?

As an aside, I notice: "v138a How to display basket final price?"
    If you are actually still using v1.3.8a, you really need to upgrade to a secure version before doing a lot of custom coding. Making your old version customized will not make it safe against hackers, who know numerous ways to break into v1.3.8a.