Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping, order total and payment modules not activated

Hi,

I was testing the buying process on my site.
    On checkout I am getting errors as attached.
    I understand that the modules are not installed. The files it is asking for are under: public_html/includes/modules/shipping
    but not under the path mentioned in the error : includes/languages/english/modules/shipping
    In the admin screen after selecting "shipping" under modules, the screen says:
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/bambinoc/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/flat.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/bambinoc/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/freeoptions.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/bambinoc/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/freeshipper.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/bambinoc/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/item.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/bambinoc/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/perweightunit.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/bambinoc/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/storepickup.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/bambinoc/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/table.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/bambinoc/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ups.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/bambinoc/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/usps.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/bambinoc/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/zones.php

What should I do ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shipping_errors.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	12008   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	delivery_errors.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	12009  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping, order total and payment modules not activated

I would hazard a guess it needs what its saying.. a language file? have you changed the default language for your site and perhaps not added language files for the laguague you have set?
    Phil Rogers
    A problem shared is a problem solved.

Plugin Contributions

on second thoughts its looking for the english language file so it woud seem you some how dont have them?
    Phil Rogers

Plugin Contributions

is this a new install? perhaps your configure.php is not set correctly and is looking in the wrong place for files?
    Phil Rogers

Plugin Contributions

I have installed it long time back, am taking longer to get the shop around !
    So what is the right place to look at these files ? As mentioned I can see all these files in : public_html/includes/modules/shipping
    Shall I just move them to : includes/languages/english/modules/shipping ?
    I am worried, will it effect other stuff ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by devyani View Post
    I have installed it long time back, am taking longer to get the shop around !
    So what is the right place to look at these files ? As mentioned I can see all these files in : public_html/includes/modules/shipping
    Shall I just move them to : includes/languages/english/modules/shipping ?
    I am worried, will it effect other stuff ?
    There are TWO files (at least) associated/required for any given module. The module itself, and the language file for the module(s).

The modules files need to be located in the /includes/modules/ folders and the language files need to be placed in the /includes/languages/ folders (exact locations being module dependent).

The file/pair have THE SAME NAMES but different functions, so you can't just move a file from /includes/modules/shipping into /includes/languages/shipping and expect things to work. Same names, different files.

Since your errors are related to the missing language files, it should be an easy task to restore them from the original .zip files. The biggest worry is exactly where did the originals end up the 1st time around? There is a possibly they are sitting in some folder where they shouldn't be, and although this is 'mostly harmless' it would be best to locate and remove them so they become 'totally harmless'.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

So I will try to use the developer toolkit and locate the files.
    Lets hope I find them

Plugin Contributions

Hi RodG,
    I Couldn't find the files anywhere in the current installation. So as advised by you I copies them from the original zip collection.
    And its working! I am able to see the modules in the admin panel.
    Thanks !

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by devyani View Post
    Hi RodG,
    I Couldn't find the files anywhere in the current installation. So as advised by you I copies them from the original zip collection.
    And its working! I am able to see the modules in the admin panel.
    Thanks !
    It sounds like either the files didn't get uploaded during the original install (not unheard of with some FTP clients), or somehow or other they got accidentally deleted.

Thanks for letting us know that re-uploading solved the problem.

I would suggest you keep an eye on things for a while though (especially the log files), because there is no assurance that the files you needed to re-upload are the *only* files missing. Other missing files may not reveal themselves until you go to do something you've not yet done.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Thanks a good pointer.
    I will do that,
    Thanks