Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

email error Orders not shown in admin, and no email sent to costumer and to admin email

Hi All!

Hope you can help. I have the problems, maybe they're connected.

1. my zencart system doesnt send out email to costumers and to our email address if somebody tries to purchase something.
    I made a lot of test buyings, tried all given possibilities in admin/configuration/email options.But nothing.
    I can send email through admin – admin/tools/send email. But system doesnt send it automatically after an order.

2. Another problem is, just noticed when looking for email problem, that the order cant be found in admin. So if not i would have made an order, i didnt even know who ordered what...that wouldnt be nice

I set the paypal payment option, and after order the site takes the costumer to paypal, so with that should be everything ok. You can choose,order got to paypal but no email is sent and nothing can be seen in admin about the order.

hope you've already met these errors and can help

thanks in advance

Nandor

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Orders not shown in admin, and no email sent to costumer and to admin email

When you reply - scroll up and read posting tips - then provide the information
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Orders not shown in admin, and no email sent to costumer and to admin email

Quote Originally Posted by Nandor View Post
    1. my zencart system doesnt send out email to costumers and to our email address if somebody tries to purchase something.
    I made a lot of test buyings, tried all given possibilities in admin/configuration/email options.But nothing.
    I can send email through admin – admin/tools/send email. But system doesnt send it automatically after an order.

2. Another problem is, just noticed when looking for email problem, that the order cant be found in admin. So if not i would have made an order, i didnt even know who ordered what...that wouldnt be nice

I set the paypal payment option, and after order the site takes the costumer to paypal, so with that should be everything ok. You can choose,order got to paypal but no email is sent and nothing can be seen in admin about the order.

hope you've already met these errors and can help
    Those are all symptoms of problems encountered when using PayPal Standard. The PayPal Standard service has numerous complicated technical dependencies, and is often unreliable. Instead, the SIMPLEST fix is to click Remove on PayPal Standard, and use PayPal Express Checkout instead. It's easy to set up: www.zen-cart.com/getpaypal
    And, since Express Checkout offers the same features as Standard, but is more reliable, it really is therefore a much better choice.
    And just in case you're worried, customers DO NOT need to have a PayPal account in order to use Express Checkout.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Those are all symptoms of problems encountered when using PayPal Standard. The PayPal Standard service has numerous complicated technical dependencies, and is often unreliable. Instead, the SIMPLEST fix is to click Remove on PayPal Standard, and use PayPal Express Checkout instead. It's easy to set up: www.zen-cart.com/getpaypal
    And, since Express Checkout offers the same features as Standard, but is more reliable, it really is therefore a much better choice.
    And just in case you're worried, customers DO NOT need to have a PayPal account in order to use Express Checkout.
    Hi,
    thans for your help. I did as instructed. But everything stayed the same. I placed an order, it took me to paypal, but not i (admin), nor costumer got an email of the order and i didn see the order in the admin.
    Can anything else be wrong?

thanks

Nandor

Plugin Contributions

In the paypal express module - enable logging and see what they say - post contents here
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    In the paypal express module - enable logging and see what they say - post contents here
    Hi!
    Supposed this is enable logging:
    in express checkout mode / debug mode - tried log file and log and email after that. In log file everyting stayed the same (no emails,no sign of order)
    in case log and email , no sign of order in admin, no email to costumer. I, the admin, got to the email address eleven emails , like : IPN debug message,paypal debug log,get override address,ec step 1 2-submit,ec step-1...etc. I could get some infos out of them, like price with shipping costs and name of client, but nothing more.
    An these 11 emails looked like error messages. :

Logging out due to empty shopping cart. Is session started properly? ...
    SESSION Details:
    Array
    (
    [securityToken] => b61c7ad562bf1b1a9a495c5a5b68bffa
    [customers_host_address] => catv-86-101-128-208.catv.broadband.hu
    [cartID] =>
    [cart] => shoppingCart Object
    (
    [contents] => Array
    (
    )

[total] => 0
    [weight] => 0
    [content_type] =>
    [free_shipping_item] => 0
    [free_shipping_weight] => 0
    [free_shipping_price] => 0
    )

[navigation] => navigationHistory Object
    (
    [path] => Array
    (
    [0] => Array
    (
    [page] => index
    [mode] => NONSSL
    [get] => Array
    (
    [type] => ec
    )

[post] => Array
    (
    )

)

)

[snapshot] => Array
    (
    )

)

[check_valid] => true
    [language] => english
    [languages_id] => 1
    [languages_code] => en
    [currency] => EUR
    [today_is] => 2013-03-02
    [updateExpirations] => 1
    [session_counter] => 1
    [customers_ip_address] => 86.101.128.208
    [payment] => paypalwpp
    )
    GET:
    Array
    (
    [type] => ec
    [main_page] => index
    )

and so on... Maybe thats not the logging you meant? Anything else can be wrong
    thanks in advance

Nandor

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nandor View Post
    Anything else can be wrong
    It looks like there may be an issue with your 'Session' data, or for some reason this particular 'customer' somehow attempted an express checkout with no products in thier cart.

A link to your site will be useful so that we can attempt to replicate the problem will be a good idea.

Oh, and to repeat Kobra, When you reply - scroll up and read posting tips - then provide the information.
    We need more info.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    It looks like there may be an issue with your 'Session' data, or for some reason this particular 'customer' somehow attempted an express checkout with no products in thier cart.

A link to your site will be useful so that we can attempt to replicate the problem will be a good idea.

Oh, and to repeat Kobra, When you reply - scroll up and read posting tips - then provide the information.
    We need more info.

Cheers
    Rod
    Hi!

i use v1.3.9e version.
    Havent upgraded the site. Purchased it about half a year ago.
    Have installed language packs (it has three languages now - english,german,hungarian). Havent made much change since.- Logo change, Flags uploading and uploaded some products and information like : privacy policy....etc
    It was uploaded via FTP and run zc-install.
    PHP Version: 5.2.17 (Zend: 2.2.0)
    Database: MySQL 5.5.28
    This problem started , at least i realized it when i installed the paypal mode (have no idea whether it was like this before...)

thanks in advance for your help

Plugin Contributions

The log files should be in

/includes/modules/payment/paypal/logs/
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    The log files should be in

/includes/modules/payment/paypal/logs/
    Hi,

i checked the log files. Should i copy them here? It is about the orders i posted. like :

"Mar 02 2013 6:56 -- Logging out due to empty shopping cart. Is session started properly? ...
    SESSION Details:
    Array
    (
    [securityToken] => b61c7ad562bf1b1a9a495c5a5b68bffa
    [customers_host_address] => catv-86-101-128-208.catv.broadband.hu
    [cartID] =>
    [cart] => shoppingCart Object
    (
    [contents] => Array
    (
    )

[total] => 0
    [weight] => 0
    [content_type] =>
    [free_shipping_item] => 0
    [free_shipping_weight] => 0
    [free_shipping_price] => 0
    )

[navigation] => navigationHistory Object
    (
    [path] => Array
    (
    [0] => Array
    (
    [page] => index
    [mode] => NONSSL
    [get] => Array
    (
    [type] => ec
    )

[post] => Array
    (
    )

)

)

[snapshot] => Array
    (
    )

)

[check_valid] => true
    [language] => english
    [languages_id] => 1
    [languages_code] => en
    [currency] => EUR
    [today_is] => 2013-03-02
    [updateExpirations] => 1
    [session_counter] => 1
    [customers_ip_address] => 86.101.128.208
    [payment] => paypalwpp
    )
    GET:
    Array
    (
    [type] => ec
    [main_page] => index
    )

"

This is one of them. Is enable logging the debug mode/ log and email? In the admin area.
    Or what to do now?
    thanks

Nandor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast