Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Orders not shown in admin, and no email sent to costumer and to admin email

Quote Originally Posted by Nandor View Post
    I've tested the things I can (other than completing a purchase), and from the front end things look all OK.

This problem started , at least i realized it when i installed the paypal mode (have no idea whether it was like this before...)
    I'm not sure if it'll help, or even be relevant, but it appears that PayPal is currently the only payment method that you have enabled. How were people paying you before you installed the paypal module?

Have you ever had *any* successful orders? With PayPal? With another payment method?

Cheers
    Rod.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Orders not shown in admin, and no email sent to costumer and to admin email

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    I've tested the things I can (other than completing a purchase), and from the front end things look all OK.

I'm not sure if it'll help, or even be relevant, but it appears that PayPal is currently the only payment method that you have enabled. How were people paying you before you installed the paypal module?

Have you ever had *any* successful orders? With PayPal? With another payment method?

Cheers
    Rod.

Hi Rod!

We havent had a website before this. So no real order happened through a/this website.
    I only installed paypal nothin more.

You mentioned earlier that there might be a session problem. What could i do about it? Or do you think that i'm only a couple of clicks away from the solution?
    Can anything else be done?

thanks in advance

Nandor

Plugin Contributions

We havent had a website before this. So no real order happened through a/this website.
    Oh, ok. Unfortunately this makes your problem a little more difficult to solve, because if it were ONLY a PayPal related issue we'd be able to concentrate soley on that. As it stands, your problem could have nothing to do with PayPal at all.

I only installed paypal nothin more.
    Your next step is to install *another* payment module (check/money order is a good choice), and even install the 'local pickup' module, and see if you can place an order and checkout using those methods. The idea being to determine whether it *is* a PayPal issue (as you are implying), or whether the problem has some other cause entirely. IOW, it would be a waste of time trying to fix the 'paypal' problem, if you get the same problem when you aren't even using PayPal.

You mentioned earlier that there might be a session problem. What could i do about it?
    I've pretty much discounted this possibility for the time being. If it were a session related problem I would almost certainly have been able to confirm when I checked out your store.

Or do you think that i'm only a couple of clicks away from the solution?
    Impossible to say at this stage.

Can anything else be done?
    [/QUOTE]

Yes. There is this thing that programmers and developers use to find the cause of a problem. We call it 'debugging'. There is nothing magical or mysterious about debugging, but it does involve making observations and performing various tests and checks designed to help isolate the exact cause of any given problem.

In your case, we have a situation where it seems your store has never had a successful purchase made. On this basis alone it is foolish to assume that you have a PayPal issue, even though that was when you 1st noticed the problem. So, your first step in debugging is to add another payment module to see if the orders are then successful. If they are, then you have a paypal issue, if the order still fail then the problem has noting to do with the PayPal module, which means you/we will need to consider looking elsewhere for the cause.

If you want/expect someone to list *every possible cause* for your particular problem, we'd probably be able to write an entire book containing 1000's of possibilities, ranging from a bad initial installation, through to server configuration errors, file or folder permissions problems, and god forbid, even a hacked store.
    Needless to say, fault finding by testing and checking *every possible cause* could take an eternity and we could still miss the actual cause. This is why rather than even attempting to list *everything* that could go wrong, we have to resort to asking specific questions of you, and asking you to do specific tests and checks, and your responses and/or the results of the tests will allow us to determine the next course of action.

The *worst* thing you can do at the moment, is to grasp at a single straw or two (PayPal, Session, whatever) and hope that will be the answer/solution to your problem... you could end up going down a very long path to a dead end (taking us along with you). We already have evidence of this in this very thread (not entirely your fault BTW) in that until now we've been assuming it was a PayPal issue (which it still could be), but in light on my later questions we see that this may not necessarily be the case, so before going further down this path we now need to backtrack to see if the problem goes a lot deeper than *just* a PayPal issue.

Hopefully this all make sense (I realise that English may not be your native language)

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod!

thanks for your detailed answer! Yes, my english is not my native language. It is hungarian.

I installed check/money order and this module works fine. See order in admin, i get the email of the order and costumer gets the email.
    It means now, that there's definitely something wrong with the paypal module? (in my case, of course...)

thanks for your support

Nandor

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In the /includes/modules/payment/paypal/logs folder, there will be numerous log files. The primary ones of interest are PayPal_CURL_xxxxxxx.log files. There should be three for each transaction.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I installed check/money order and this module works fine. See order in admin, i get the email of the order and costumer gets the email.
    It means now, that there's definitely something wrong with the paypal module? (in my case, of course...)
    Sweet. This means we are heading in the right direction, and the PayPal logs will/should almost certainly lead us to the cause of your problem.

Verifying that all is ok with the check/money order module has eliminated a LOT of the possible causes... I'm sure a solution is now close at hand.

Cheers
    Rod

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Logging out due to empty shopping cart. Is session started properly? ...
    Definitely not a good situation.
    Seems like maybe URLs are getting mangled when submitting to PayPal?
    Or maybe you have URL-rewriting happening that's malfunctioning?
    Or is a bad SSL configuration interrupting the normal return flow because things are being redirected somehow and losing the session and/or session-cookie contents? Maybe the session cookie doesn't match the domain name?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, thanks.
    You wrote a lot of possibilities,but none of it makes any sense to me. How can i check these?
    If money order works with it, how can paypal not?
    thanks again
    Nandor

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Definitely not a good situation.
    Seems like maybe URLs are getting mangled when submitting to PayPal?
    Or maybe you have URL-rewriting happening that's malfunctioning?
    Or is a bad SSL configuration interrupting the normal return flow because things are being redirected somehow and losing the session and/or session-cookie contents? Maybe the session cookie doesn't match the domain name?

Plugin Contributions

If money order works with it, how can paypal not?
    PayPal payments connect to the PayPal servers. The check/money order payments are all processed locally by your server.

This is/was one of the reasons I asked you to install the M/O module, it has allowed us to determine that the problem is related to the connection to the 3rd party servers. As I stated, this has eliminated a LOT of the *possible* problems.

How can i check these?
    To repeat DrByte, Kobra & myself. The answer will be in your log files.

In the /includes/modules/payment/paypal/logs folder, there will be numerous log files. The primary ones of interest are PayPal_CURL_xxxxxxx.log files. There should be three for each transaction.
    Although the previous log entries you provided does hint at a session related issue, there isn't enough info there to give any definitive answers. We are hoping/expecting the other log files (see quote above) will provide the information we are missing.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    PayPal payments connect to the PayPal servers. The check/money order payments are all processed locally by your server.

This is/was one of the reasons I asked you to install the M/O module, it has allowed us to determine that the problem is related to the connection to the 3rd party servers. As I stated, this has eliminated a LOT of the *possible* problems.

To repeat DrByte, Kobra & myself. The answer will be in your log files.

Although the previous log entries you provided does hint at a session related issue, there isn't enough info there to give any definitive answers. We are hoping/expecting the other log files (see quote above) will provide the information we are missing.

Cheers
    Rod
    thanks!
    here are the log files :

2013-03-02 02:31:52
    -------------------
    (live transaction) --> https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp
    Request Headers:
    Array
    (
    [0] => Content-Type: text/namevalue
    [1] => X-VPS-Timeout: 45
    [2] => X-VPS-VIT-Client-Type: PHP/cURL
    [3] => X-VPS-VIT-Integration-Product: PHP::Zen Cart(tm) - PayPal/NVP
    [4] => X-VPS-VIT-Integration-Version: 1.3.9e
    )

Request Parameters: {SetExpressCheckout}
    Array
    (
    [AMT] => 8.49
    [ITEMAMT] => 5.49
    [SHIPPINGAMT] => 3.00
    [L_NUMBER0] =>
    [L_NAME0] => Angel Pendant
    [L_AMT0] => 5.49
    [L_QTY0] => 1
    [LOCALECODE] => US
    [PAYMENTACTION] => Sale
    [ALLOWNOTE] => 1
    [LANDINGPAGE] => Billing
    [ADDROVERRIDE] => 1
    [SHIPTONAME] => Enikö Szögeczki
    [SHIPTOSTREET] => Sport Str. 12.
    [SHIPTOCITY] => Felsozsolca
    [SHIPTOZIP] => 3561
    [SHIPTOSTATE] => B.-A.-Z.
    [SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE] => HU
    [EMAIL] => szeniko81##########################
    [PHONENUM] => 06703777283
    [RETURNURL] => http://szeghalmys.com/ipn_main_handler.php?type=ec
    [CANCELURL] => http://szeghalmys.com/index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping&ec_cancel=1
    [PAGESTYLE] => Primary
    [METHOD] => SetExpressCheckout
    [CURRENCYCODE] => EUR
    [USER] => info_api1.szeghalmys.com
    [PWD] => ****************
    [VERSION] => 60.0
    [SIGNATURE] => ****************************************************DI7K
    )

Response:
    Array
    (
    [TOKEN] => EC-06J57711TF178551B
    [TIMESTAMP] => 2013-03-02T13:31:52Z
    [CORRELATIONID] => 4690dc887debd
    [ACK] => Success
    [VERSION] => 60.0
    [BUILD] => 5331358
    [CURL_ERRORS] =>
    )

SetExpressCheckout, Elapsed: 1511ms -- Success

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-03-02 02:31:52
    -------------------
    Request Headers:
    Array
    (
    )

Array
    (
    [AMT] => 8.49
    [ITEMAMT] => 5.49
    [SHIPPINGAMT] => 3.00
    [L_NUMBER0] =>
    [L_AMT0] => 5.49
    [L_QTY0] => 1
    [LOCALECODE] => US
    [PAYMENTACTION] => Sale
    [ALLOWNOTE] => 1
    [LANDINGPAGE] => Billing
    [ADDROVERRIDE] => 1
    [SHIPTOZIP] => 3561
    [CANCELURL] => http://szeghalmys.com/index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping&ec_cancel=1
    [PAGESTYLE] => Primary
    [CURRENCYCODE] => EUR
    [VERSION] => 60.0
    )

Response:
    Array
    (
    [TOKEN] => EC-06J57711TF178551B
    [TIMESTAMP] => 2013-03-02T13:31:52Z
    [CORRELATIONID] => 4690dc887debd
    [ACK] => Success
    [VERSION] => 60.0
    [BUILD] => 5331358
    [CURL_ERRORS] =>
    )

SetExpressCheckout, Elapsed: 1511ms -- Success

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-03-03 09:09:03
    -------------------
    Request Headers:
    Array
    (
    )

Array
    (
    [AMT] => 15.90
    [ITEMAMT] => 12.90
    [SHIPPINGAMT] => 3.00
    [L_NUMBER0] =>
    [L_NAME0] => Stainless steel bangle with blue-white effect cube
    [L_AMT0] => 12.90
    [L_QTY0] => 1
    [LOCALECODE] => AU
    [PAYMENTACTION] => Sale
    [ALLOWNOTE] => 1
    [LANDINGPAGE] => Billing
    [ADDROVERRIDE] => 1
    [SHIPTONAME] => sarah jane
    [SHIPTOSTREET] => 123 Someplace
    [SHIPTOCITY] => adelaide
    [SHIPTOZIP] => 2001
    [SHIPTOSTATE] => SA
    [EMAIL] => [email protected]
    [PHONENUM] => 1234567890
    [PAGESTYLE] => Primary
    [CURRENCYCODE] => EUR
    [VERSION] => 60.0
    )

Response:
    Array
    (
    [TOKEN] => EC-1DJ69869LP0585915
    [TIMESTAMP] => 2013-03-03T08:09:03Z
    [CORRELATIONID] => f7401cbc1b0df
    [ACK] => Success
    [VERSION] => 60.0
    [BUILD] => 5331358
    [CURL_ERRORS] =>
    )

SetExpressCheckout, Elapsed: 2065ms -- Success

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-03-05 05:23:50
    -------------------
    Request Headers:
    Array
    (
    )

Array
    (
    [AMT] => 12.90
    [ITEMAMT] => 12.90
    [L_NUMBER0] =>
    [L_AMT0] => 12.90
    [L_QTY0] => 1
    [LOCALECODE] => US
    [PAYMENTACTION] => Sale
    [ALLOWNOTE] => 1
    [LANDINGPAGE] => Billing
    [CANCELURL] => http://szeghalmys.com/index.php?main_page=login&ec_cancel=1
    [PAGESTYLE] => Primary
    [CURRENCYCODE] => EUR
    [VERSION] => 60.0
    )

Response:
    Array
    (
    [TOKEN] => EC-9JM117098G920670C
    [TIMESTAMP] => 2013-03-05T04:23:50Z
    [CORRELATIONID] => 584903abd87f
    [ACK] => Success
    [VERSION] => 60.0
    [BUILD] => 5331358
    [CURL_ERRORS] =>
    )

SetExpressCheckout, Elapsed: 964ms -- Success

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-03-01 03:18:52
    -------------------
    Request Headers:
    Array
    (
    )

Array
    (
    [AMT] => 8.49
    [ITEMAMT] => 5.49
    [SHIPPINGAMT] => 3.00
    [L_NUMBER0] =>
    [L_AMT0] => 5.49
    [L_QTY0] => 1
    [LOCALECODE] => US
    [PAYMENTACTION] => Sale
    [ALLOWNOTE] => 1
    [LANDINGPAGE] => Billing
    [ADDROVERRIDE] => 1
    [SHIPTOZIP] => 3561
    [PAGESTYLE] => Primary
    [CURRENCYCODE] => EUR
    [VERSION] => 60.0
    )

Response:
    Array
    (
    [TOKEN] => EC-7H491695EM076273T
    [TIMESTAMP] => 2013-03-01T14:18:52Z
    [CORRELATIONID] => 8d2a4fb64b92e
    [ACK] => Success
    [VERSION] => 60.0
    [BUILD] => 5331358
    [CURL_ERRORS] =>
    )

SetExpressCheckout, Elapsed: 1514ms -- Success

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-03-03 08:54:48
    -------------------
    Request Headers:
    Array
    (
    )

Array
    (
    [AMT] => 12.90
    [ITEMAMT] => 12.90
    [L_NUMBER0] =>
    [L_AMT0] => 12.90
    [L_QTY0] => 1
    [LOCALECODE] => US
    [PAYMENTACTION] => Sale
    [ALLOWNOTE] => 1
    [LANDINGPAGE] => Billing
    [PAGESTYLE] => Primary
    [CURRENCYCODE] => EUR
    [VERSION] => 60.0
    )

Response:
    Array
    (
    [TOKEN] => EC-6MU95759YU7584845
    [TIMESTAMP] => 2013-03-03T07:54:48Z
    [CORRELATIONID] => b2c40b85d3c46
    [ACK] => Success
    [VERSION] => 60.0
    [BUILD] => 5331358
    [CURL_ERRORS] =>
    )

SetExpressCheckout, Elapsed: 1098ms -- Success

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-03-03 08:55:31
    -------------------
    Request Headers:
    Array
    (
    )

Array
    (
    [AMT] => 12.90
    [ITEMAMT] => 12.90
    [L_NUMBER0] =>
    [L_AMT0] => 12.90
    [L_QTY0] => 1
    [LOCALECODE] => US
    [PAYMENTACTION] => Sale
    [ALLOWNOTE] => 1
    [LANDINGPAGE] => Billing
    [PAGESTYLE] => Primary
    [CURRENCYCODE] => EUR
    [VERSION] => 60.0
    )

Response:
    Array
    (
    [TOKEN] => EC-5RF28591L00138948
    [TIMESTAMP] => 2013-03-03T07:55:31Z
    [CORRELATIONID] => b43889919f03b
    [ACK] => Success
    [VERSION] => 60.0
    [BUILD] => 5331358
    [CURL_ERRORS] =>
    )

SetExpressCheckout, Elapsed: 1278ms -- Success

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-03-02 06:36:40
    -------------------
    Request Headers:
    Array
    (
    )

Array
    (
    [AMT] => 8.49
    [ITEMAMT] => 5.49
    [SHIPPINGAMT] => 3.00
    [L_NUMBER0] =>
    [L_AMT0] => 5.49
    [L_QTY0] => 1
    [LOCALECODE] => US
    [PAYMENTACTION] => Sale
    [ALLOWNOTE] => 1
    [LANDINGPAGE] => Billing
    [ADDROVERRIDE] => 1
    [SHIPTOZIP] => 3561
    [PAGESTYLE] => Primary
    [CURRENCYCODE] => EUR
    [VERSION] => 60.0
    )

Response:
    Array
    (
    [TOKEN] => EC-31792910LU2243920
    [TIMESTAMP] => 2013-03-02T05:36:40Z
    [CORRELATIONID] => 6a20271edaef9
    [ACK] => Success
    [VERSION] => 60.0
    [BUILD] => 5331358
    [CURL_ERRORS] =>
    )

SetExpressCheckout, Elapsed: 1898ms -- Success

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast