Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Snap Affiliates v2.0 for v1.5.0 and later

Looks like you've got those fees excluded. Just so I don't have to hunt it up, where are you trying to display that information?

Plugin Contributions

Hi All,

I have installed the Snap Affiliates Mod on my zen cart new site 1.5.5e with PHP7 and it seems to have installed fine.

I don't know how to code at all just yet but trying to learn and can't find an answer to my question in the thread so it probably seems basic to most.

My problem is that my site does not use side boxes at all as I'm going for the clean look and I want to add PHP code to an ezi-page to create the "Referrer Signup" link.

I don't understand the instructions:

you'll need to change the $information[] variable to match your menu's structure:

if (SNAP_INFORMATION_SIDEBOX === 'true') {
    $information[] = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_REFERRER_SIGNUP, '', 'SSL'). '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_REFERRER_TERMS . '</a>';
    }
    I've tried pasting the code in an easy page with php tags before and after and "include in information sidebox?" set to true.

Iv'e tried this in the text area of the ez-page:
    PHP Code:
    <?php

if (SNAP_INFORMATION_SIDEBOX === 'true') {

$information[] = '<a href="'/includes/modules/sideboxes/responsive_classic/information.php zen_href_link(FILENAME_REFERRER_SIGNUP'''SSL'). '">' BOX_INFORMATION_REFERRER_TERMS '</a>';
     }
    ?>
    Can someone please give me some further guidance to create this link.

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Cheers back at you ... and welcome to the Zen Cart community!

EZ-pages are great, but they don't support imbedded PHP directives. You can create a link to the referrer_signup page by defining a new EZ-Page (modeled after the My Account EZ-Page) that contains an Internal Link URL of index.php?main_page=referrer_signup.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Lat9,

That was easier than I thought it would be.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mvstudio View Post

I've been playing with the mod a bit, and figured out a way to display the unpaid commissions by adding a 0.0000001 as the commission paid therefore releasing these amounts in the summary from current sales and unpaid commissions. I'm sure this isn't ideal and will eventually backfire on me at some point but at least for now it does what I need.
    I'm not a programmer either, but I played around a little with this mod, thinking about adding something similar. I think it's a very ingenious solution, and am thinking of stealing it from you. However, perhaps there is something you might want to consider: when you click on 'paid' in the admin section, an email will be send to the referrer that a commission has been paid. It may be a bit confusing if the amount paid is $0. So perhaps you would want to change something there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mvstudio View Post
    This one works in terms of calculating the correct amount for the order and the commission that needs to be paid. However I haven't been able to figure out how to display the same one this line

As already mentioned, I'm no expert either. But this is what I would do. Leave the $commissionable_total as it is, and add your $finalAmount to the $current_exclusion. Or to be more specific. Add

PHP Code:
    $current_exclusion += $finalAmount
    to admin/referrers.php around line 186, after

$totalResults->MoveNext();
    }

I think that should do what you want do accomplish.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Lat9 - As a feature request, do you think you'd ever consider making an option to "Email All Affiliates"? The reason being is that sometimes, a store owner may have a new product launch that he wants his team of affiliates to get behind. So being able to quickly email all affiliates to tell them about the new product may help drive sales.

As it stands right now, if we want to do this, we literally have to go to the database, run a query to grab all the emails, and send an email through our own email client.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Mash View Post
    Hi Lat9 - As a feature request, do you think you'd ever consider making an option to "Email All Affiliates"? The reason being is that sometimes, a store owner may have a new product launch that he wants his team of affiliates to get behind. So being able to quickly email all affiliates to tell them about the new product may help drive sales.

As it stands right now, if we want to do this, we literally have to go to the database, run a query to grab all the emails, and send an email through our own email client.
    Jeff, I've noted the request (https://github.com/lat9/snap_affiliates/issues/25) in the SNAP Affiliates GitHub repository. That way, when I next do an update, I'll remember!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for this excellent mod. I do have one question that would put the icing on the cake for this. When setting 'Order Status Exclusions', I am finding that all orders are still recorded, be they processing, pending, delivered, etc. Do you have any idea why this may be and how I may be able to remedy it?

Everything else is working fine. I do wish there was a way to tie a referred customer to the account that referred them. It seems that if a customer changes browsers or computers, and makes a new purchase, the referrer will not get credit. Perhaps something that could make a nice addition in a future edition.

Thank you for any and all help.
    Last edited by exsy; 28 Apr 2018 at 06:33 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Solution: Looks like I was able to figure this out, changing the order status to numbers (1,2,4) worked, while (processing,pending,update) did not. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by exsy View Post
    Thank you for this excellent mod. I do have one question that would put the icing on the cake for this. When setting 'Order Status Exclusions', I am finding that all orders are still recorded, be they processing, pending, delivered, etc. Do you have any idea why this may be and how I may be able to remedy it?

Everything else is working fine. I do wish there was a way to tie a referred customer to the account that referred them. It seems that if a customer changes browsers or computers, and makes a new purchase, the referrer will not get credit. Perhaps something that could make a nice addition in a future edition.

Thank you for any and all help.
    The issue there (remembering cross-browser) is because SNAP is using a cookie to remember the customer, instead of a database setting. I'll note the request as a future enhancement, but will note that keeping that status in the database will require that the customer create an account (non-guest checkout).

Quote Originally Posted by exsy View Post
    Solution: Looks like I was able to figure this out, changing the order status to numbers (1,2,4) worked, while (processing,pending,update) did not. Thanks!
    Figure it out, you did! I'll also note an update-request to change the verbiage that describes this configuration setting to be specific that the setting is a list of orders-status id values.

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast