Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Snap Affiliates v2.0 for v1.5.0 and later

I've just submitted v4.0.0 of SNAP Affiliates to the Zen Cart plugins for review; once approved, it can be downloaded here.

This version drops support for Zen Cart versions prior to 1.5.5a and corrects an issue where the affiliate commission payment was disallowed on orders totaling < $1.00.

If you are still running a version of Zen Cart prior to 1.5.5a, please use v3.0.4 of the plugin.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I've just submitted v4.0.0 of SNAP Affiliates to the Zen Cart plugins for review; once approved, it can be downloaded here.

This version drops support for Zen Cart versions prior to 1.5.5a and corrects an issue where the affiliate commission payment was disallowed on orders totaling < $1.00.

If you are still running a version of Zen Cart prior to 1.5.5a, please use v3.0.4 of the plugin.
    v4.0.0 is now available for download.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

If a customer places an order without using the affiliate link, is there a way for me to "assign" that order to one of the affiliates? I am comfortable with SQL if it's a database thing.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Tapper View Post
    Hi

If a customer places an order without using the affiliate link, is there a way for me to "assign" that order to one of the affiliates? I am comfortable with SQL if it's a database thing.

Thanks!
    It is a database thing:

First, you'll need to gather (as present in the referrers table):
    • xxx: The affiliate's "referrer_key" (a string value)
    • yyy: The affiliate's commission (a floating point value, so a 5% commission shows as 0.05)

Then, you'll need to know the orders_id (zzz) for the order that you want to "assign" to the affiliate.

Use your admin's Tools->Install SQL Patches (after you've made a database backup):
    Code:
    INSERT INTO commission (commission_orders_id, commission_referrer_key, commission_rate, commission_paid) VALUES (zzz, 'xxx', yyy, 0);
    Don't forget the single-quotes around the referrer_key's value! You can use the same query in phpMyAdmin, but you'll need to remember to add your store's DB_PREFIX, if not blank, to the commission table's name.

Plugin Contributions

Hello.

I've installed the latest version 4.0 on a 1.5.5e zencart and for the life of me cannot make the customer end work as it should. The tpl_referrer_main.php won't populate the Commission-Payment Activity portion of the page, no matter what I try. I checked the header, swapped the header and referrer_main pages with older versions of the pluggin and I cannot make it work.

Any ideas where the issue could be coming from or what could possibly be happening?

Thank you for the help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mvstudio View Post
    Hello.

I've installed the latest version 4.0 on a 1.5.5e zencart and for the life of me cannot make the customer end work as it should. The tpl_referrer_main.php won't populate the Commission-Payment Activity portion of the page, no matter what I try. I checked the header, swapped the header and referrer_main pages with older versions of the pluggin and I cannot make it work.

Any ideas where the issue could be coming from or what could possibly be happening?

Thank you for the help.
    Does the customer have any paid commissions? A screenshot of what you're describing would help a bunch.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Lat, Happy New Year and thank you for getting back to me. It was not the mod, it was a change made by one of my team members I was not aware of that screwed everything up. I reinstalled and everything works as it should. Sorry for the false alarm.

A couple of questions, is it possible to display all orders instead of only the paid ones in the customer's end? Also we pay commissions based on net orders, meaning after all the fees are deducted such as shipping, etc. One of the fees we have to manually discount is the CC and PayPal fees. Would it be possible to deduct this fee automatically so the calculated commission is the actual net of the order?

Where would I look to make these changes?

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

One more thing. Is it possible to display on the customer's end the orders that did not qualify for commissions and a field with an explanation for the why?
    Say for example we received a $20 order, the commission would be $2, but we had to refund the customer so in reality we cannot pay the commission. If I mark that commission as paid $0 it would display as unpaid on my end, but it won't display on the customer's end at all. Can it be displayed as commission $0?
    Now say for example we received a $20 order, the commission would be $2, but we were never able to get paid for the order, so the order actually never generated any commission for the affiliate, yet in the summary it is displayed as current sales and unpaid commissions.

This is presenting lots of issues for us. We have a lot of clients generating paid and unpaid commissions. In the sales summary they see this huge number of sales, and it turns out many of those sales aren't valid so we have to manually provide them with a record of what got paid and what didn't get paid and for what reason, as on their end this information isn't provided.

I would like our affiliates to be able to see which orders they received commissions for and which they didn't and if possible why, perhaps include an option pull down menu with the most common reasons or a text box where we can give a brief explanation for the why that particular order wasn't paid a commission. That way the amounts on the sales summary and the totals actual commissions paid sort of match. Last year we had an affiliate telling us she was going to sue us because she feels we're scamming her on commissions paid. She has this huge number in current sales and this huge number on unpaid commissions and very little on paid commissions, and the reason that is happening is because most of the orders received with her affiliate link are orders we cannot get payment for, so in reality they never generated a valid commission for her, but the system still records them. I would like to provide our affiliates with a more transparent report they can see and analyze on their end.

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Lat, Happy New Year and thank you for getting back to me. It was not the mod, it was a change made by one of my team members I was not aware of that screwed everything up. I reinstalled and everything works as it should. Sorry for the false alarm.

A couple of questions, is it possible to display all orders instead of only the paid ones in the customer's end? Also we pay commissions based on net orders, meaning after all the fees are deducted such as shipping, etc. One of the fees we have to manually discount is the CC and PayPal fees. Would it be possible to deduct this fee automatically so the calculated commission is the actual net of the order?

Where would I look to make these changes?

Thank you.
    The selection of commissioned orders is determined by /includes/modules/pages/referrer_main/header_php.php; it currently displays (as you noted) only those commissions that have been paid. The actual commission payment is determined via /YOUR_ADMIN/referrers.php's processing.

One more thing. Is it possible to display on the customer's end the orders that did not qualify for commissions and a field with an explanation for the why?
    Say for example we received a $20 order, the commission would be $2, but we had to refund the customer so in reality we cannot pay the commission. If I mark that commission as paid $0 it would display as unpaid on my end, but it won't display on the customer's end at all. Can it be displayed as commission $0?
    Now say for example we received a $20 order, the commission would be $2, but we were never able to get paid for the order, so the order actually never generated any commission for the affiliate, yet in the summary it is displayed as current sales and unpaid commissions.

This is presenting lots of issues for us. We have a lot of clients generating paid and unpaid commissions. In the sales summary they see this huge number of sales, and it turns out many of those sales aren't valid so we have to manually provide them with a record of what got paid and what didn't get paid and for what reason, as on their end this information isn't provided.

I would like our affiliates to be able to see which orders they received commissions for and which they didn't and if possible why, perhaps include an option pull down menu with the most common reasons or a text box where we can give a brief explanation for the why that particular order wasn't paid a commission. That way the amounts on the sales summary and the totals actual commissions paid sort of match. Last year we had an affiliate telling us she was going to sue us because she feels we're scamming her on commissions paid. She has this huge number in current sales and this huge number on unpaid commissions and very little on paid commissions, and the reason that is happening is because most of the orders received with her affiliate link are orders we cannot get payment for, so in reality they never generated a valid commission for her, but the system still records them. I would like to provide our affiliates with a more transparent report they can see and analyze on their end.

Thank you!
    This processing, too, will require change (at a minimum) to the referrer_main page's header_php.php, possibly its template (tpl_referrer_main_default.php) and the admin-level page. You might also need to add some type of flag to the 'commissions' table to identify a commission's status.

Plugin Contributions

This processing, too, will require change (at a minimum) to the referrer_main page's header_php.php, possibly its template (tpl_referrer_main_default.php) and the admin-level page. You might also need to add some type of flag to the 'commissions' table to identify a commission's status.
    Thank you.

I've been playing with the mod a bit, and figured out a way to display the unpaid commissions by adding a 0.0000001 as the commission paid therefore releasing these amounts in the summary from current sales and unpaid commissions. I'm sure this isn't ideal and will eventually backfire on me at some point but at least for now it does what I need.

I made some (I'm sure horrendous) changes to the header_php.php and the admin level page to calculate and discount the payment fees. Paypal and Square which are the only two payment modules we use, have the same charges so that was sort of easy. But as horrendous as they might be, they work.

On includes/modules/pages/referrer_main/header_php.php at around line 124 in added
    PHP Code:
    //bof discount payment fee 1 of 2

$fee = ((($orders->fields['order_total']) - $current_exclusion) * 2.9)/100 .3;

$finalAmount round($fee 2);
    //eof discount payment fee 1 of 2 
    and changed this
    PHP Code:
            $current_amount floatval($orders->fields['order_total']) - $current_exclusion
    for this
    PHP Code:
    //bof discount payment fee 2 of 2
            //$current_amount = floatval($orders->fields['order_total']) - $current_exclusion;

$current_amount floatval($orders->fields['order_total']) - $current_exclusion $finalAmount;
    //eof discount payment fee 2 of 2 
    I don't know if it's the correct way, but it works. It displays the correct final amount for the order with the payment fees deducted providing the right amount for the commission we need to pay.

On admin/referrers.php I added at around line 910 a similar piece of code
    PHP Code:
    //bof discount payment fee 1 of 2

$fee = (($order['order_total'] - $order['value']) * 2.9)/100 .3;

$finalAmount round($fee 2);
    //eof discount payment fee 1 of 2 
    and replaced this line
    PHP Code:
           $commissionable_total $order['order_total'] - $order['value']; 
    with this

PHP Code:
    //bof discount payment fee 2 of 2
          //$commissionable_total = $order['order_total'] - $order['value'];

$commissionable_total $order['order_total'] - $order['value'] - $finalAmount;
    //eof discount payment fee 2 of 2 
    This one works in terms of calculating the correct amount for the order and the commission that needs to be paid. However I haven't been able to figure out how to display the same one this line
    PHP Code:
            <td class="center history<?php echo $toggle?>"><?php echo $currencies->format( ($current_orders_status === $orders_status) ? $total ); /*v2.5.0c*/ ?></td>
    I'm not a programmer so if you could give me some pointers I would appreciate it. =)

Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast