Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Snap Affiliates v2.0 for v1.5.0 and later

Thanks for working on this. I was wondering - while reading this thread and the older one, will this module work with simple seo mod installed? I did not find an answer in the parent forum...before installing, I figured I'd ask.
    http://www.kinkykupid.com. WARNING: Please note that this site is intended to sell Adult Toys, Novelties and Costumes. Please do not click the link if you may find it offensive.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kman55 View Post
    Thanks for working on this. I was wondering - while reading this thread and the older one, will this module work with simple seo mod installed? I did not find an answer in the parent forum...before installing, I figured I'd ask.
    I haven't tested with any of the SEO mods. All I can suggest is installing in a test directory to see if it "plays well together".

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kman55 View Post
    briefly playing with this mod on a zencart with simple seo, image handler, checkout without an account and various other modules and everything seems to be working just fine. I'll keep playing and report back if I find anything that seems to be out of wack. again, thank you for working on this much needed mod.
    http://www.kinkykupid.com. WARNING: Please note that this site is intended to sell Adult Toys, Novelties and Costumes. Please do not click the link if you may find it offensive.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I haven't tested with any of the SEO mods. All I can suggest is installing in a test directory to see if it "plays well together".
    So far, I can quickly link to internal pages without a problem. However, to create a link to a category or subcategory page - I get a 404 page not found. If anyone else has a solution or can direct me to a solution - I would be grateful.
    Last edited by kman55; 19 Mar 2013 at 04:06 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Which version of the plugin are you using? I think that the jscript change that's included in v2.1.0 might help. I've tried going to your site and manually adding the ?referrer=CNFW_9999 to the end of the URI without any 404's.

Plugin Contributions

I am actually testing it on another domain. I was able to get it to work. For other who might be reading this, in my Admin>Configuration>SEO URL - I changed the "add cpath to product url" to true. That fixed the 404 errors. I am now able to link to internal product pages, category pages, sub category pages as well as the home page.

I do have a question - how long does the cookie for an affiliate's ID remain valid? 3 months? 6 months? Forever? Also, if the same customer that the affiliate sends purchases something today, and then again 2 weeks from now, would the affiliate still get credit on that purchase?

Plugin Contributions

The cookie is set for 365 days in /includes/init_includes/init_snap.php (sounds like a good candidate for an admin configuration value in the future). If the customer does not clear their cookies, the cookie (once set) lasts for the duration set in the initialization script, so Yes, the affiliate would still get credit on that purchase.

Plugin Contributions

For all you guys who use this module, let me ask you a quick question. I just installed it on a 1.5.1 site. Everything looks good, except during my testing, my test account doesn't seem to be earning any commissions.

For example, I created a referral account. Then using the Link Creator, I created a custom URL for a product in my store. I then logged on as a DIFFERENT user and clicked that link, made a purchase, and I hoped to see an earned commission for my test account. However, I am seeing nothing under the Order History for the affiliate account. It's as if nothing was registered.

Any ideas what I could be missing? I do see a cookie being created on my machine which records the referrer_key in there.

I just don't know why it's not recording the sale after I purchase something while using the affiliate URL as a test. I hope anyone using this module can let me know your thoughts!
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Mash View Post
    For all you guys who use this module, let me ask you a quick question. I just installed it on a 1.5.1 site. Everything looks good, except during my testing, my test account doesn't seem to be earning any commissions.

For example, I created a referral account. Then using the Link Creator, I created a custom URL for a product in my store. I then logged on as a DIFFERENT user and clicked that link, made a purchase, and I hoped to see an earned commission for my test account. However, I am seeing nothing under the Order History for the affiliate account. It's as if nothing was registered.

Any ideas what I could be missing? I do see a cookie being created on my machine which records the referrer_key in there.

I just don't know why it's not recording the sale after I purchase something while using the affiliate URL as a test. I hope anyone using this module can let me know your thoughts!

you have posted the same question in v1 of this module, so, which version are you using and which version of ZC are you using?

Plugin Contributions

I am using v2.10. I accidentally posted in the other thread before seeing this one. I appreciate any help you (or anyone) can contribute to my problem. I'm sure it's something silly, but for the life of me, I don't know why it isn't tracking affiliate sales. I do use the Ultimate SEO add-on, but from what I have read, this newer version should work. I don't get any 404 errors or anything with custom URL's. In fact, my URLS look like this and load fine (edited out my domain, but hover over the link to see the format):

http://www.MYDOMAIN.com/store/space-...44491364328461

But when I place an order using that link, and then when I log into my referral account, it doesn't have record of the sale.
    - Jeff

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast