I am having the same problem as this person was on this thread:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...multiple-times

Our settings are correct:
    Check stock level true
    Subtract stock true
    Allow Checkout false
    Mark product out of stock ***
    Products status in Catalog when out of stock should be set to 0

And yet it still allows people to checkout with more items than are available, it then sets the products quantity to -1. We have had to refund 2 orders now and not sure what is causing this to happen.

Payment Modules In Use:
    Authorize net aim

Shipping Modules In Use:
    Ceon Advanced Shipper
    Fedex Web Services

Other Modules In Use:
    Sitemap XML
    Google Analytics

Have searched forums all day and cannot find a solution - any help would be appreciated.

Site is winez2u.com
    Lead•Empower•Motivate
    Catherine S.
    Go2Guru

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: single product (only one of) can be added to cart multiple times

Can you list the exact steps required to duplicate this experience?

(Yes, I'm also asking whether you've tried to recreate the problem and isolate any specific conditions under which it happens, such as inventory levels before surfing, how many others were buying the same item at the same time, and so on.)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Can you list the exact steps required to duplicate this experience?

(Yes, I'm also asking whether you've tried to recreate the problem and isolate any specific conditions under which it happens, such as inventory levels before surfing, how many others were buying the same item at the same time, and so on.)

Hi
    I did try and recreate the problem, I put a product into my shopping cart (logged on), this product shows as 1 in stock both on the front end and in the backend admin side. I then followed all the checkout steps, EXCEPT I stopped at confirm order - (see attached image)

I then opened a new browser window and put in the exact product and it changed the quantity to 2
    It then allowed me to checkout with 2 in the cart even though the warning came up about it being out of stock (see attached image)

I then went into the backend admin and the order was confirmed as ordering 2 items (see attached image)

I went to catalog, product and the product is now marked as -1

No one else was buying this item at the same time, no new orders were being placed and this product is marked as having 1 in stock. Also checked cache and no errors appear.

ThanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	allowed-order-for-out-of-stock.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	12071Click image for larger version. 

Name:	order-in-cart-selected-payment-final-step-is-to-confirm.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	12072Click image for larger version. 

Name:	other-tab-open-with-same-product.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	12073
    Lead•Empower•Motivate
    Catherine S.
    Go2Guru

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gandalfsmith View Post
    I did try and recreate the problem, I put a product into my shopping cart (logged on), this product shows as 1 in stock both on the front end and in the backend admin side. I then followed all the checkout steps, EXCEPT I stopped at confirm order - (see attached image)

I then opened a new browser window and put in the exact product and it changed the quantity to 2
    It then allowed me to checkout with 2 in the cart even though the warning came up about it being out of stock (see attached image)
    Is that something your customers are likely to do? If so, why?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Is that something your customers are likely to do? If so, why?
    My guess is that customers make mistakes sometimes, so I did a test the only way I thought a customer could get it right. They most probably are likely to do this if this is how I managed to recreate the same problem. As for why they would do it, I have no clue.

I tried another way and it will not let me checkout if only one is in stock.
    I went to a product, clicked on add to cart and then the cart page came up, on that page I clicked on continue shopping (which takes me back to the same product I just added)
    I again clicked on add to cart and the cart page comes up - this time though it warns that there is not enough stock (because I now have 2) and if I click on checkout it just keeps coming up with the stock warning - so that WORKS.

It is obviously something to do with it being open in a new browser window while logged in - if the product is already in the cart and you open a page in a new browser window and add the exact same product to the cart in the new browser window it lets you check out with the same 2 items - could this have anything to do with sessions?
    Lead•Empower•Motivate
    Catherine S.
    Go2Guru