Plugin Contributions

Default creating a Shipping Module called mycourier

Hi, I new with zen cart, I want to develop my own shipping module with my partner freightfowarder rules, the plan is collect shipping, all duties and taxes from the customer so my shipper partner can deliver the product to customer directly, i have all the formulas working in a excel file, I followed this link instruction http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...hipping_Module but after adding the files some modules disappear, so this is what I need.

1.- Create a function in PHP to calculate shipping cost and customs duties and taxes using my excel formulas
    2.- Declare all constants and create module files.
    3.- Integrated in the admin module.

I really appreciate any help and of course i am willing to pay or collaborate with zen cart community

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: creating a Shipping Module called mycourier

Quote Originally Posted by hegutierrezm View Post
    Hi, I new with zen cart, I want to develop my own shipping module with my partner freightfowarder rules, the plan is collect shipping, all duties and taxes from the customer so my shipper partner can deliver the product to customer directly, i have all the formulas working in a excel file, I followed this link instruction http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...hipping_Module but after adding the files some modules disappear, so this is what I need.

1.- Create a function in PHP to calculate shipping cost and customs duties and taxes using my excel formulas
    2.- Declare all constants and create module files.
    3.- Integrated in the admin module.

I really appreciate any help and of course i am willing to pay or collaborate with zen cart community

Thanks
    You may want to look at the BIG ROYAL MAIL modules and get some ideas from there. Some of these have an "Add Insurance" function, which might be adaptable for "taxes".

(But what "taxes" apply? Most shipping modules have a feature where tax can be factored in anyway).

There is also the commercially-available ADVANCED SHIPPER from CEON
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: creating a Shipping Module called mycourier

Thanks for you quick answer, Let me explain better the business process

The website will sell products from USA to Latin American Countries, the first one will be Venezuela, as you know every country has a customs and duties rules. I will be using a freightfowarder as a partner and they will be responsible to deliver every order to the shipping customer shipping address, so there will be only two zones at first (USA and VE). I want the customer to pay all customs duties and taxes so i can pay then later on to my freight forwader partner.

I need to calculate these costs as the shipper does, so i can pay them later.

This is the whole calculation process (PRODUCTS UNDER $100,00 ARE EXEMPT OF DUTIES AND TAXES)

1. I need to calculate shipping cost based on processing fee per pounds range with a minimun charge and shipping distribution based on package weight per pound, and charge a fee for any additional pound. eg.

FIXED MINIMUM CHARGE $2,35

RANGE PER POUND
    FROM TO COST
    0,00 1,10 $2,35
    1,11 2,20 $4,70
    2,23 11,02 $4,56
    11,05 22,05 $4,42
    22,07 44,09 $4,29
    44,11 110,23 $4,16

FOR A PACKAGE WEIGHT 1,5 POUNDS, THE CHARGE WILL BE A MINIMUM OF $2,35 + THE ESPECIFIC RANGE POUNDS, IN THIS CASE WILL BE 1,5 POUNDS MULTIPLY FOR $4,7 = $7,05 SO THE TOTAL CHARGE FOR PACKAGE PROCESSING WILL BE $7,05 + $2,35= $9,4

SHIPPING DISTRIBUTION FEE

FIRST POUND ADDITIONAL POUNDS
    $ 18 $ 2,5

FOR THE SAME EXAMPLE WILL BE $18,00 FOR 1 POUNDS AND $2,5 FOR THE 0,5 POUND, SO THE SHIPPING DISTRIBUTION WILL BE = 18+2,5 = $20,5

THE SHIPPING TOTAL COST WILL BE $9,4 + $20,5 = $29,9

2.- The insurance will be 2,5% of the products cost, lets asume a product cost of $200,00

THE INSUREANCE COST WILL BE $200,00 * 2,5% = $5,00

3.- Then we have to calculate the CIF cost, This is how we calculate de CIF (Cost, Insurance, Freight)

$200,00 + $5 + $29,9 = $ 234,90

3.- Then I need to calculate the customs duties and taxes. I have to apply differents taxes % to the same amount.

-CIF * VAT%(12%)
    -CIF * DUTY% (15%)
    -CIF * CUSTOMS FEE%(1%)

FOLLOWING THE EXAMPLE.

- $234,90 *12%= 28,19
    - $234,90*15%= 35,24
    -$234,90*1%= 2,35

THE TOTAL AMOUNT TO BE CHARGED FOR TAXES IS $65,77 + (other fixed fee like a broker fee $24,25)= $90,02

4.- So, at the end of checkout I want to collect the following costs.

PRODUCT: $200,00
    SHIPPING: $29,90
    TAX: $90,02

TOTAL TO BE COLLECTED: $319,92

As you see i need to customized this module.

Thanks in advance for your help