I've been searching the FAQ's and the forum and don't see anyone with this problem. Most of my searches result in people that can get to the Admin dialog box but can't logon. I can't even get to the dialog box.

Zen Cart v 1.3.8a.1--I believe it was a one-click install from the hosting service. There was a security patch applied last September. Once I get it working again I WILL upgrade. In fact I attempted an upgrade today thinking it would fix the problem but the upgrade failed.

GoDaddy web host service, Linux.
-------------
My website was hacked so I put Zen Cart on Maintenance mode and investigated the damage. It appeared that an additional Admin had been added so I deleted that. Some files had been added to the website, and Zencart's file index.php was altered. By comparing the files in a backup copy of the site with the files in the hacked version I was able to delete the hacker's files and deleted the hacked index.php file and replaced it with the backup version. Near as I can tell the only Zencart file that was affected was index.php.

The website is back up and when I click on the "Shop Now" links I get the Zen Cart page showing the shopping cart is under maintanence. I want to put my shopping cart back into operation but I am now unable to access the Admin login dialog box. I had bookmarked the URL and if I try that bookmark I get a 404 (page not found error.) If I manually type in the login access URL, i.e.

http://mydomainname.com/zencart//admin/login.php

I get a 404 page not found error. So, I don't even have the ability to attempt to type in an Admin username and a password because I can't even get to the dialog box.

I have tried to temporarily rename my .htaccess file to .htaccess.bak, but the problem persists.

How can I regain the ability to login as a Admin?