Plugin Contributions

Default free shipping lower 48 states & DC, UPS rates to HI, AK and Canada;

I know this has been posted dozens of times because I just read most of them; including one similar in this thread a few posts away. It's probably just me, but I can't figure out how to add States to my zones. There is a choice of Florida in the module, how did THAT get there?
    Here is what I want to do. I have a few products that all weigh the same and are all the same size. I want to ship that one (size) product to the lower 48 states and DC, offer Free Shipping, and have other options available too (if they want to pay extra for 3 day UPS, for example). From what I understand, other shipping modules will work with (in addition to) some of the free shipping options, and show up as additional options at checkout. I want to charge actual UPS charges to AK, HI, and Canada.
    I have looked through the FAQ's, I have read http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...hipping-module , and dozen or more other posts, some of which say to upload parameters to mysql, and I still don't know what to do. I really don't want to get into code or adding to mysql to accomplish this if I don't have to. I found another person's post that found a solution here http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...e-for-HI-amp-A with the solution being "set up 2 zones with the 48 states listed as continental u.s. I used the freeoptions shipping module for this zone. I then made another zone titled non continental u.s. & included HI, AK, Canada & Puerto Rico. Used the table rate for this zone. It looks like it is working fine."
    ... but there was no explanation of how to add states to a zone, or create a zone. The answer must be right in front of my face, but somehow it eludes me.. If someone could help in I would really appreciate it... Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: free shipping lower 48 states & DC, UPS rates to HI, AK and Canada;

The Zone for Florida is there by default as an example for Zen Cart for charging Taxes on Table Goods for Florida ...

You can use that by renaming it for your State to charge Tax and change the DETAILS from having Florida in it to your State ... if you do not charge Tax for your State, then you can delete it ...

What can be used to identify the Products that you want to ship offer Free Shipping to the US 48 plus DC? This could be by products_id or master_categories_id or something that can be checked for in the Shopping Cart to determine if only these Products are in the Shopping Cart to manage the Free Shipping for the US 48 plus DC ...

You do need to make a Zone for the US 48 plus DC, and if you peek in the FAQs for:
    Zones

you will find a handy way to make this Zone for you ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...ne-definitions
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!