Plugin Contributions

Default missing data, question about $messageStack, $producst_name

I now have a big problem where some product data is not being displayed on recently added products. it may be since having added a UPSXML w/ Dimensions shipping plugin but am not sure at this point as i'm still troubleshooting (and another party has been inputting data).

The data is missing from both the product page (tpl_product_info_display.php ) and also the in the product page Admin. (seems maybe they use the same DB query?). but the data is still in the DB (head scratcher….)

My question: in the tpl_product_info_display.php , the var $products_name; does that come from $messageStack-> ???, and if so, where does $messageStack come from?

i'm thinking the DB query has gone wrong somehow.

big thanks for help on this, really need it, thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: missing data, question about $messageStack, $producst_name

Quote Originally Posted by tcarden View Post
    My question: in the tpl_product_info_display.php , the var $products_name; does that come from $messageStack-> ???,
    No.

where does $messageStack come from?
    The $messageStack is used to produce 'alerts' and/or error messages (and occasionally 'success' messages). It can come from almost any part of the ZenCart system.

i'm thinking the DB query has gone wrong somehow.
    Perhaps, but I'm more inclined to think it is a file/edit problem. For any module to add dimension to a product will require the modification of at least three files in the /admin/* folders (one to extract the data from the DB, one to display the data fields and data for editing, and the final one to save the edited data back to the database).

If you wish to use this data elsewhere (such as in the product_info_display.php file) you'll need to make additional edits to this file. Although I'm not all that familiar with the module in question, the most typical use for the dimension data is for shipping calculations, and as such, it generally isn't needed for this data to be displayed in the 'public facing' pages, so there may or may not be an example of the edits needed.
    You'll almost certainly find details as to the edits (or file replacements) needed for the admin side of things though. Double check these if you are having problems adding or editing the data.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: missing data, question about $messageStack, $producst_name

belated thanks, thanks for answering my post Rod