Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Login will not display: 500 error

Moved site to new server. All is working, images, products add to cart, customer login is all working. When I go to admin I get "page not found".

I have confirmed that the config files are correct and the admin folder and files are there. What am I missing. I spent a good part of the day trying to troubleshoot this for the client and I am out of ideas.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.Name:  2013-03-13_1735.jpg
Views: 1335
Size:  23.3 KB

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Login will not display

First, you need to rename your /admin to something unique and secret so others cannot find it ...

Second, I really do not advise using a subdirectory with caps in it such as:
    /JAshop

but rather something like:
    /jashop

would be better as people will remember it less with the caps and mixed case on directories and filenames can create an issue ...

Once you decide what to change your:
    /jashop/admin

directory name to, you need to fix the:
    /jashop/includes/configure.php

for the change from JAshop to jashop and then change:
    /jashop/your_secret_admin/includes/configure.php

and fix the /JAshop to /jashop and the /admin to /your_secret_admin
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Warning ...

You also appear to have hard coded in many of your links the zenid ... you never want to code a zenid into a link as that is managed by the Zen Cart software ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkEnvisage View Post
    When I go to admin I get "page not found".
    You say this, but the screenshot you provided states it's an 'internal server error'.

If both are true, you have two different problems to fix.

Internal server errors are more often than not caused by file or folder permissions being too restrictive OR too lax (depends on the server).

page not found errors are usually caused by configuration file errors or a misbehaving 'SEO module'.

These suggestions are in addition to those provided by Ajeh, not instead of.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

I inherited this site. Set it up exactly like it was from the previous host. I can changed my admin folder name, updated the configure file but and that didn't solve anything, but will try. As far as the hard coded links...I will look into that and clean up as needed. The file permissions on the admin folder are set at 755 - I changed to 777 and still could not locate the files. Switched back to 755. What should the admin folder and files permissions be set to? I have also changed all the directory names jashop/dashboard and updated all the configure files and it is still not working. I find this odd since the cart works but the admin does not. Again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK now I am getting the system setup page when going to the admin directory. The rest of the cart is running fine but I can't seem to access the admin side. This is getting frustrating as I am at a loss as to what to do. My config files are correct. The database is correct. Where to now?

Plugin Contributions

OK got rid of the system set up page when trying to get to admin. Back to the original problem of the error page. HELP! I have to get this working for the client.

Plugin Contributions

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What do the server's apache log files say about the 500 error? The details of the error will be listed there. It's very possible that you'll have to get that information from your hosting company.

Related FAQ articles:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...l-server-error
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...-files-folders

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast