Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 - January 27, 2013 Updates to: March 13, 2013 Version A

USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 - January 27, 2013 Updates to: March 13, 2013 Version A is currently a test module, and will hopefully be the final USPS shipping module for the January 27, 2013 rate changes ...

Please let us know the results of your testing.

NOTE: At this time the TEST Server does not work on this shipping module.

NOTES:

Rates are quoted ONLY for those methods that are checked.

USPS minimum Length, Width and Height are only included for obtaining International Rate Quotes. Dimensions are NOT supported by this shipping module.

Minimum Weight and Maximum Weight per shipping method will enable/disable the methods based on the total weight.

Handling has both Global National and International fees per Box or per Order. In addition, individual Handling Fees per order can be added for each shipping method.

Extra Service charges for National and International are available where applicable.

Quotes can be obtained based on Retail or Online pricing.

Debug logs can be saved to the /logs directory, when enabled to review quote request sent to USPS and quote received back from USPS.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 - January 27, 2013 Updates to: March 13, 2013 Version A

OOPS. short circuit between the ears.
    Last edited by RixStix; 14 Mar 2013 at 03:11 PM.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 - January 27, 2013 Updates to: March 13, 2013 Version A

Regional Rate box A selected in setup as an offering.

Regional Rate box A quote does not appear in the shipping estimator quote

838357145705REGIONALRATEBOXAREGULAR7 Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A0.008.901Insurancefalsetrue01.95truefalse13USPS Tracking/Delivery Confirmationtruetrue0.000.0015Signature Confirmationtruetrue2.702.2019Adult Signature Requiredfalsetrue04.9520Adult Signature Restricted Deliveryfalsetrue05.15
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Are you set to Retail or Online?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Darn. Think I'm helping and instead just show my own ignorance.

again
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Best way to learn is to goober up ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rick ...

Have you managed to break anything else on this New USPS RateV4 shipping module for the January 27, 2013 changes?

Anyone else break anything or confirm that this is working for you?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I didn't have much time last week for anything other than a quick install to our sandbox. I can try to break it today/tomorrow if that will help or if you want it?

Currently, we make extensive use of Marco's volume filtering option for firstclass & flatrate boxes but realize there is going to come a time when I will not be able to cobble together things to keep it working. That may be when I finally upgrade from 1.3.9h in a few months.

You added a few options that looked really nice. More detailed checks later today.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda,

Just started with a few examples in our sandbox. I see a few glitches in the calculations but give me a bit today/tomorrow to figure out the what/when/where/why and then make a list instead of onesy/twosy here.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Here's what I came up with. I call myself checking to make sure that other options that affect calculations were not set but I could be mistaken.

Handling fee: US and International

US: Handling fee set @ $5
    1st line displayed adds $5
    2nd line displayed adds $10
    3rd line displayed adds $15
    4th line displayed adds $20
    etc.
    Same for shipping quote or during checkout
    Same whether logged in or not
    Same whether retail or online

International:
    First class USPS letter or package appears to add 18 times the International fee
    Flat rate appears to add 10 times the International fee

Housekeeping
    formatting of individual handling fees:
    $ sign being on a different line instead of beside the fee input field is hard on my eyes but doesn't affect functionality.

Personal preference
    I quote retail pricing to customers but also use Regional rate boxes as an option. Setup doesn't allow for this condition but you cannot please everyone. Ahah.... set online pricing and place the appropriate adder into the individual flat rate handling fee boxes and all becomes OK.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast