Plugin Contributions

Default Trying to list more than 3 columns per row...

I've done due diligence researching this topic before joining the forums to post this. Regardless, I'm sure someone will know the answer and prove my stupidity :)

Here is my site:

http://shop.frogolf.com/

I have installed the Emeralda theme and removed the columnone and columntwo (left and right columns) trying to make space for additional columns, but it seems no matter what I try I can solve it. I've tried reducing margins, padding, adjusting values in the maximum values (I've tried 4, 5, 6, 10 -- any value to force it, as some people have said it worked for them). Nothing changes it. Stays divided into 3. I've managed to reduce the width of the rows, and have them shift over to the left, but it remains only 3 rows. I've tried to force using some css I've ready amongst several different threads. No luck.

I have now installed the column layout grid add-on for zencart and messed with those values. I keep getting the center grid displaying 3 products wide only (dividing dynamically by space available and 33%). I've adjusted my full page to 1024 pixels because a) I want the space and b) I thought it would help the center column dynamically divide into 4.

Any help much appreciated. I'm a newbie to CSS, but I'll figure it out with some help :)

ALSO -- the background for the headings (example: "New Products For March") is only displaying the same as original length, so I'm just getting a white background behind the header text. Let me know if you know the solution for that, too. Thanks!
    Last edited by thumper300zx; 17 Mar 2013 at 06:19 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trying to list more than 3 columns per row...

admin > config > index listing > New Products Columns per Row
    admin > config > index listing > Featured Products Columns per Row
    admin > config > index listing > Special Products Columns per Row
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks! That solved my issue, alright :)

Do you happen to know which files access those values so I can see what they're doing?

Anyone know on the header text background how I get it to expand all the way across the div instead of having white block? If I readjust div to 750 pixels, it goes away -- almost like it's not working dynamically.

Plugin Contributions

I figured out the box -- had to widen graphics:

right_sb_bg.gif
    and
    left_sb_bg.gif

in the Emeralda theme /images folder. Also set an image background and messed around with a few different possibilities there. Currently the outside is a 1 pixel wide by 1200 pixel high image fading green, fixed so it doesn't scroll with the content.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thumper300zx View Post
    I figured out the box -- had to widen graphics:

right_sb_bg.gif
    and
    left_sb_bg.gif

in the Emeralda theme /images folder. Also set an image background and messed around with a few different possibilities there. Currently the outside is a 1 pixel wide by 1200 pixel high image fading green, fixed so it doesn't scroll with the content.

I have my product categories showing in 4 columns, but when I open/select a specific category, my items within that category show only 1 per row. How do I change the products within the categories to show 4 per row as well?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Our Site: http://zucando.com
    Marketing Plugins: Marketing Modules
    Free Response Templates: Responsive Templates

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by flenneau View Post
    I have my product categories showing in 4 columns, but when I open/select a specific category, my items within that category show only 1 per row. How do I change the products within the categories to show 4 per row as well?

Thanks.
    The center boxes on a sub category or product listing pages only show products for that category where the center boxes on the home page show products from all categories randomly.

Zen cart by default only displays products in rows on the product listing pages (1 per row). Their are several plugins available to display in columns:

Flexible Product Listing
    Column Layout Grid for Product Listing (as cvhainb mentioned)
    SNAF

These plugins all add admin configurations to choose how many products to display per row.

Ray
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?