Plugin Contributions

Default Homepage slider & load issues

Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of help. I have been having an issue with my site: www.thepetpad.co.uk. When I go to the page, the site loads then a few seconds later the hompage slider and images load. this only happens on the homepage and other images load ok.

I contacted my hoster and servers have been checked but everything is running fine.

The hoster advised me to move my code to load the slider further up to enable it to load before the page. Can anyone give a bit of help on how to do this and any other way to resolve my issues.

Thanks for your help.

Iain

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Homepage slider & load issues

have you viewed your site on a mobile browser? I'm not at a p.c so I can't be sure but on my phone your slider isn't actually sliding...the numbers (that are crunched up) are alternating as expected but the actual slider image remains the same regardless.

Plugin Contributions

can I just say though (before Schoolboy beats me to it ) that you have a vast wasted space of greenery smack bang in the middle of your homepage. My eyes were expecting to see wonderful products or in depth information but all I see are a couple of navigation hints and a whole lot of wasted sales 'real estate'.
    just my opinion.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picandnix View Post
    can I just say though (before Schoolboy beats me to it )
    CURSES... foiled again !

While I really like Picaflor's templates (in general) I passionately hate that "EasySlider" and the first thing I do when I get one of Ann's templates is to kill that feature and put in something like NIVO or equivalent. I like the offerings from magictoolbox, and while they are commercial, I believe they represent excellent value for money, given their sophistication and variability.

Yes... picandnix is absolutely right... You are not leveraging the "above the fold" space on the home page to entice shoppers to dig deeper.

I am not dumb***... I can see the categories menu and the search box - so why are you telling me that they are there in a massive, pointless graphic?

Rather use home-page space to project the incredible deals you are offering and the irresistible products you are selling.

Additionally, you have no TEXT CONTENT on the home page, so Google will see it as completely unimportant.

(*** some will disagree...)
    20 years a Zencart User