Thread: Using Lastpass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Using Lastpass

When I try to log into my store (not in the admin section) I use Lastpass. When I do, I get a screen telling me to fill in all the fields for my order info without logging me in. If I type my email address and password manually, I'm in.

I go to a lot of sites and forums daily that require logging in and Lastpass always works for them. I can't figure out what's going on. If it helps, when I click on "logon" from the home page, and then click the button Lastpass provides at the top right of the screen, I am whisked off to the order info page.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using Lastpass

when I click on "logon" from the home page, and then click the button Lastpass provides
    In the default code there is no Lastpass function
    What addon might you have
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 1speedbump View Post
    I am whisked off to the order info page.
    I don't use these (risky) "universal password" systems, but if you had to provide lastpass with a URL, did you perhaps give them a URl with a ZEN-ID in it ?
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    I don't use these (risky) "universal password" systems, but if you had to provide lastpass with a URL, did you perhaps give them a URl with a ZEN-ID in it ?
    That sound most likely if you go to my lastpass vault it will show what url and password has been stored for that particular login and you can edit it to the correct one manually, I've been using it for years set to a 20 character password length.
    What ever your doing remember to KISS ( Keep It Simple Stupid )

Plugin Contributions

In the default code there is no Lastpass function
    What addon might you have
    I am pretty sure none is needed for Lastpass.

did you perhaps give them a URl with a ZEN-ID in it ?
    Nope, not at all.

That sound most likely if you go to my lastpass vault it will show what url and password has been stored for that particular login
    That's the first thing I did. The username (which is my email address) and password are correct. If I type them in manually, I get right in.
    I must have at least 50 username and password combinations in Last Pass Vault and all of them work like they are supposed to. I haven't gone to the 20 character password yet, but it sure can't hurt. It is handy to have a handy app like Lastpass generate passwords for you.

Something I noticed. When I try to log in, I'm on the home page. When I try to log in; as soon as I push the login button it not only whisks me off to the details page, but tries to fill in the blanks at the top and bottom of the screen. The top being the returning customer login and the bottom one being the register fields where you enter a username and the password twice. When I get the error message, I can click ok on it, then wipe out the password field, reenter it and I get signed in.

Plugin Contributions

I am pretty sure none is needed for Lastpass.
    Might you have this installed locally??

https://lastpass.com/index.php?fromwebsite=1

If so, this is not part of ZenCart
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Might you have this installed locally??

https://lastpass.com/index.php?fromwebsite=1

If so, this is not part of ZenCart
    Yes, it's on all of my computers. I use it exclusively to get into any site that requires a username/password. I know it's not part of ZenCart. I am just trying to figure out why Zencart won't let me login using it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like the credentials you've remembered in your lastpass entry are for registration, and not for login, hence it's trying to fill in the registration fields again.
    So, either clean up the info pieces in your lastpass entry, or delete that entry and create a new one from just filling in the username and password fields.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Sounds like the credentials you've remembered in your lastpass entry are for registration, and not for login, hence it's trying to fill in the registration fields again.
    So, either clean up the info pieces in your lastpass entry, or delete that entry and create a new one from just filling in the username and password fields.
    I just checked it again in case I missed something. When I am on the main page (Welcome page) and click on login, I am taken to the Welcome Please sign in page. I click on the lastpass button, select my login which starts with my email address and I get the notification to fill in all the other blanks. At the bottom of that same page is the login details where I am supposed to enter an email address and a password twice (to register). Lastpass also filled in the first two boxes. When I put the password in the third box, I'm in. Without changing anything at the top of the page which also has my email and password that Lastpass has filled in.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I don't use Lastpass, but I do use another password vault manager, and it doesn't exhibit these same issues. Granted, I'm not doing it on *your* site. Are you sure this isn't something unique to your site specifically?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast