Plugin Contributions

Default Monthly Subscriptions Billling

Hi All,

I have looked around a the forums trying to find info on a recurring billing or subscription service. I have a client that would like to sell yearly subscriptions for his services. Is this possible? All of the threads I found appear to be unanswered. I apologize in advance if this has already been answered and I missed it.

Thanks,
    Kelly

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Monthly Subscriptions Billling

There's a module for PlugNPay that will do that, but nothing generally, no.

Plugin Contributions

I thought as much. I just wanted to make sure I asked before going back to him.

Thank you for the response.
    Kelly

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

For a truly recurring billing scenario, where payment information is remembered and automatically re-billed, you will need an external service that can store the payment details and trigger the re-billing on schedule. Hopefully whatever service you use also has a way to tell your ZC store about the repeat transaction in order to add the "purchase" to your store's order history also. And to also trigger the renewal of security access to whatever online content might be connected with the purchases the customer is subscribing to.
    Some of those things are outside the control of Zen Cart, so custom integration is required to enable those things. Some gateways don't support any notification to your store of the recurring billings so your store would never know about it, thus would require you to manually reconcile those things and to also manually reactivate those subscriptions in your security systems controlling access to subscribed features. Keep that in mind as you consider options.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr. Byte,

Thank you for the response. I actually told the client the subscription service would depend primarily on their credit card processing company. Of course they waited two months into the design/development process before informing me they wanted that particular functionality. I told them I would research it for them and get back to them. I didn't think it was a part of ZenCart as it depends on too many other factors, but I said I would check.

Thank you again for your response.
    Kelly