Plugin Contributions

Default Not sending email for 'admin setting changed' or 'credit card declined' messages

Hello there,

Been trying to solve this for a while. When changing the settings in admin, you usually get the standard 'admin settings have been changed' email sent to you. But for a few months, it has been only producing the following in error logs:-

ERROR: Failed sending email to: "The Gem Tree" with subject: "ALERT: Your Admin settings have been changed in your online store." (failed validation)
    It also does the same with some instance of 'website inquiry' , and all 'credit card decline' with paypal. It is driving me crazy lol. All other emails are sending out fine, no problem, so order confirmations, create account etc are fine. Just changed to SMTPAuth, and emails are working okay. Just these internal emails, they just seem to fail validation, but not sure why.

I found one or two others who had the same issue, but they still have not found a way to cure it. Appreciate any help with this, maybe somebody found out what it was.

The only thing that changed was hosting platform, but they said it is not their issue, it must be something else.
    Thanks in advance.
    :-)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Not sending email for 'admin setting changed' or 'credit card declined' messages

Maybe it's the email address to which you're trying to send those messages.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Not sending email for 'admin setting changed' or 'credit card declined' messages

Hey DrByte,
    Thanks for your response. Feel slightly stupid now, but not sure which one of us changed this setting:-

Email Address (Displayed to Contact you)
    I put in a valid email address and it works! Please delete this thread to hide my stupidity for not seeing this myself lol.

Appreciate you suggesting that. Time for a lie down.........

Plugin Contributions

Think of the valuable lesson you just taught to a bazzillion people!!
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!