Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal w/multiple stores?

Hi.

I'm setting up a second store and would like to hear your recommendations/options regarding Paypal. For starters do I need a second Paypal account? If I (can)use the same account, will it cause problems if the older site(1.3.9h) uses IPN and the new site is 1.5.0 and I use Express?

Any insight or advice wold be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal w/multiple stores?

You don't need a second account (they don't allow two accounts to be tied to the same bank account).

I forget how I had it set up (had to remove PayPal from one site).

Plugin Contributions

Okay. I kinda thought so, makes sense.

Any idea if I can use IPN *and* express? I tried upgrading my existing site to express once and the whole thing went south. Had to revert back to IPN.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, it works for either Standard or Express Checkout. You should still use Express Checkout if at all possible.

FAQ on the topic: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...count-for-both

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well, much to my surprise I got an answer from PayPal today that instructed me to sign-up for a second PayPal account. I much prefer to have the two stores under that same account. I've asked them if I were to upgrade my config to express if I could then use the same account...We'll see what they come back with.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

As I said, you CAN use the same account for as many stores as you like.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Hi Dr Byte
    We have 2 zen carts set up with paypal express and we have the api, IPN and return url set up as explained in the tutorial link you provided above.
    The orders & payment all go through ok however on the second store in the admin the payment details are not repopulated on the order page?
    So when you click into the order on admin the shaded out region is missing all the payment details from the paypal transaction? (see attached)
    Hope you can shed some light on this and help us resolve
    Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by palagio View Post
    Hi Dr Byte
    We have 2 zen carts set up with paypal express and we have the api, IPN and return url set up as explained in the tutorial link you provided above.
    The orders & payment all go through ok however on the second store in the admin the payment details are not repopulated on the order page?
    So when you click into the order on admin the shaded out region is missing all the payment details from the paypal transaction? (see attached)
    Hope you can shed some light on this and help us resolve
    Regards
    It can't show details of transactions that were done historically with a different PayPal account. It can only show transactions done using the current API Security credentials currently set in your module's settings.

Plugin Contributions

i've tried everything listed here and on other threads and can't get paypal express to work with the addon stores.. works fine with the main store but no add-on stores.. here is one http://www.curiousfootwear.com.. try ordering anything and then click on the paypal checkout button and it goes to a blank screen.. same thing happens on all 7 of the other stores..

the one paypal account is setup with auto return to the main website, instant payment notifications to the main website, same API credentials for all stores in the _config.php files.

have no idea but i'm sure i'm missing something easy..

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The "blank screen" issue is what you need to sort out. The fact that it's happening in conjunction with using PayPal is not related to "multiple stores".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast