Plugin Contributions

Default Making a Local Copy - Problems using Bigdump

Zen Cart 1.5.1 Server Host www.example.com/ Server OS: Windows NT
    Database Host: Local Host/ Database MySQL 4.1.14-nt
    PHP Version: 5.0.5/ HTTP Server: Apache/2.0.54(Win32)
    NotePad was used to carry out editing.

I needed to make a local copy of my Zen Cart v1.5.1, and I used the tutorial from ZC wiki ‘Making a Local Copy’, the original Zen Cart manual by Goh Koon Hoek was also indispensible, Dr Byte also gave advice. The latest XAMPP was first downloaded, and successfully installed. I then downloaded a copy of the files from the remote site using FTP. This I then followed with phpMyAdmin on the remote web host site, and downloaded the SQL file. So far, and so good.
    This was then followed by downloading Zen Cart v1.5.1 and that was set that up, now I had a brand new website, which worked both with ‘store’ display and ‘admin’ display. The next step was dropping the files from the new database, this was successful and I then selected the downloaded SQL file from the remote site, and using the copy of phpMyAdmin on my Windows PC, I began importing it. The import failed with a message saying that the file was too large, it was a tad just over 10Mb and the limit was 8192Kb. Much reading later, I knew that this was a problem with phpMyAdmin, and there was a ‘work around’ called Bigdump.
    Before going down the Bigdump route I wished to satisfy myself that phpMyAdmin did work having never used it before, so I downloaded a smaller SQL file (7Mb) which had lain dormant from my predecessors days. The phpMyAdmin worked perfectly on the smaller file, and I was able to set up and complete the installation of the website on my PC. The substituted SQL gave me a PC based website which was in the early stages of development, and was not what I wanted.
    Returning to Bigdump I downloaded a copy of the software unzipped it, and opened it in Notepad and made the modifications as follows:

$db_server = 'localhost';
    $db_name = 'storecart'; //The database name was created in phpMyAdmin**
    $db_username = 'root';
    $db_password = '';

$db_connection_charset = 'utf8';

$filename = 'mydb_zc151.sql'

**When I created a new database ‘storecart’I had to select a setting from a dropdown list, and I choose ‘utf8 bin’ there was no ‘utf8’ without the bin on the end.!!!

Closing the bigdump.php document I saved it. I then created a new folder inside the htdocs folder called Dump and saved bigdump.php and the SQL file into it.

Typing into my browser, the pathway:
    www.example.com/Dump/bigdump.php and I got the following
    BigDump: Staggered MySQL Dump Importer v0.35b
    Start Import from mydb_zc151.sql into storecart at localhost
    Note: The current mySQL connection charset is utf8. Your dump file must be encoded in utf8 in order to avoid problems with non-latin characters. You can change the connection charset using the $db_connection_charset variable in bigdump.php
    © 2003-2013 Alexey Ozerov

I clicked on Start Import and the following occurred
    BigDump: Staggered MySQL Dump Importer v0.35b
    Can't open mydb_zc151.sql for import
    Please, check that your dump file name contains only alphanumerical characters, and rename it accordingly, for example: mydb_zc151.sql.
    Or, specify $filename in bigdump.php with the full filename.
    Or, you have to upload the mydb_zc151.sql to the server first.
    Start from the beginning (DROP the old tables before restarting)
    © 2003-2013 Alexey Ozerov

I removed the underline character ‘_’ leaving me with mydbzc151.sql and I did the same by opening bigdump.php and changing $filename to mydbzc151 and then ran again, but still no joy.

1. I checked for ‘only alphanumeric characters’ and corrected.
    2. I specified $filename in bigdump.php.
    3. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND ‘upload to server first’, what does it mean? Have I placed the SQL file in the incorrect place?

So I am at a standstill. I sweated blood for weeks getting this far (I’m sure there are New Zenners out there that can identify with me). I am so close to completing this project, so please if anyone can help, contact me. Kind regards and thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Making a Local Copy - Problems using Bigdump

it's not xampp but works for wamp so could be a similar fix...
    http://www.foxytronics.com/blog/1/en...uration-error/

Plugin Contributions

Thanks picandnix I will follow this up and get back with my findings.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

This plugin has always allowed me to backup/restore in similar scenarios: http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.ph...7-backup-mysql

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have searched through the Zen Cart files but cannot find any overt reference to ‘increasing file size’ for downloading SQL files using phpMyAdmin, but thanks ‘picandnix’. Dr Byte recommended using ‘Backup MYSQL’ , I will hold that one in reserve. While browsing through ZC forums I came across a thread by ‘lat9’ ‘Display Log files’ and a reference to ‘Plugins and Addons’ which ‘lat9’ had written for download into ZC150-151.
    The word log prompted me to see if there were any errors recorded at the time and date I ran Bigdump. In pathway: htdocs>store>logs>myDEBUG-adm-1364565863-13212.log I found the following:

[29-Mar-2013 15:04:24] PHP Fatal error: 1146:Table 'zencart.admin_pages' doesn't exist :: SELECT page_key FROM admin_pages WHERE page_key = 'orders_export' in C:\xampp\htdocs\store\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php on line 120
    Only the word ‘zencart’ comes across as meaningful for me. When I set up my new PC Zen Cart I used the name suggested in the ZC manual (old version) page 39 ‘Creating Your Stores Database’. I used this in my original new store, and then again when I DROPPED the files and set up the Store with the 7MB sql file. In both cases the completed Local Copy worked.

I then went back into phpMyAdmin and created a NEW database name called ‘storecart’ (this was the first time I had used phpMyAdmin to make a new database). When prompted I typed ‘storecart’ and next to it was a dropdown list with Collation in the window, when I dropped down the list the only one that was familiar was ‘utf8 – bin’ and I choose this. I did not add any files because the one sql I wanted to use was greater than the limit imposed by phpMyAdmin (see opening letter in this thread). I then began setting up Bigdump ( recorded in this opening thread).

Question: Did I create the ‘storecart’ database name correctly, or should I have dropped the files in ‘zencart’ database? Should I have inserted the ‘zencart’ word when I edited bigdump.php?

I would be very grateful if any one could help with interpreting the error message, and my creation of a new database name. Thanks in advance.