Plugin Contributions

Default Cannot reach paypal - (7) couldn't connect to host

MY website www.floridasdying.com has a zencart installed and I have a paypal express payment module which processes all of my sales. I got an email from paypal explaining to me that their data center had moved from Phoenix to Salt Lake City last year and that the Phoenix server has been a back up data center for the last year. Apparently my API transactions were still being routed to the back up data center and as of yesterday if the problem was not corrected my transactions would no longer go through.
    In order to fix the problem I needed to update the list of IP addresses my site would allow. When I go into my payment module I cannot find any options to update my list of IP addresses. I called paypal and they could not tell me how to resolve this problem. What needs to be done to fix this problem? I tried going around it by giving myself new API credentials hoping this would remedy the problem, but had no such luck. I am going to call my host company to see if they can fix the problem, but if not I need to know what to do in my zencart admins to fix this issue.
    THanks,
    Rich

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing my paypal IP addresses

I contacted the hosting company and they told me that this is not on their end, and that it is on my end. If I don't know how to fix it that I need to hire someone. I don't even know who I would hire to fix something like this.

Plugin Contributions

Are you sure this isn't some kind of a scam?

Yes, PayPal did make changes to their servers last year(?), but the only people that were affected were those that had somehow hard coded the PayPal IP addresses and/or added paypal specific firewall rules.

A typical/native ZenCart installation uses the paypal hostnames rather than their IP addresses and were unaffected by the change of IP addressess.

What version of ZenCart are you running?

We need a lot more info.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

I am using zencart version 1.3.9f. Everything I have looked at has said that if you use Paypal express checkout that you will not be affected, but my site has for sure been affected. If I try and checkout with paypal I get this error message
    An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (7) couldn't connect to host

Plugin Contributions

I spoke to Paypal again and they tell me that I have hardcoded IP addresses installed on my zencart and that I need to change those over. I don't know how this was done or how to remedy it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tahiti amin View Post
    I contacted the hosting company and they told me that this is not on their end
    Of course they would say that. That answer sounds like they have no idea what they're doing either.

Use this CURL testing tool and report back the results:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...187#post434187

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.