Plugin Contributions

Default Using Flat Rate Shipping Excluding a Few Items

I am currently running v 1.39 with no shipping mods.

I am wanting to set a flat rate shipping charge but there are just a couple categories of items I will need to leave on a calculated rate.

How can I set it up to where most products will just bring up the flat shipping charge while specified items will show the UPS quoted rates. I was running USPS and UPS calculated rates and have switched to flat but need to make that small change.

http://www.optimalnutrition.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using Flat Rate Shipping Excluding a Few Items

What happens when you have some Products that need the Flat Rate flat shipping and some that need the USPS and/or UPS?

When you say Flat Rate ... is that a Flat Rate per order? Or, a Flat Rate per Product quantity?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using Flat Rate Shipping Excluding a Few Items

I have this same question - Can some products be flat rate while others are calculated? Flat Rate per item with additional parameters.

More importantly is there a mod that works in the following way - either free or $$ - USPS ONLY.

**note - FR - Flat Rate, E - Envelope, MB - Medium Box, LB - Large Box, FC - First Class, Priority = Both, Priority &/or Express based upon weight (as opposed to Flat Rate).

Each Product Listings take two shipping variables;
    1. Package Size Option (FRE, FRMB, FRLB, PARCEL, FC) (not required)
    2. Weight (required). I understand that volume is not an option at this point.

Case 1; Package Size Option is chosen (by Admin) & This is the only item in the customer's cart =
    Package Size Option will be the only shipping option available to the customer.

Case 2; Package Size Option is NOT chosen (by Admin) & This is the only item in the customer's cart =
    Two shipping options available; Priority Mail & Parcel Post.

If their is more than 1 item in the customer's cart >>

Case 1; if - 2 up to 3 FRE items - shipping will be calculated by weight - the customer will be able to choose; Parcel Post, Priority, or Priority FR Medium Box.

Case 2; if more then 4 FRE items - shipping will be calculated by weight - customer will choose from; Parcel, Priority, or FR Large Box.

Case 3; if - 1 FRMB item + Case 1 - customer will choose from; Parcel, Priority or FRLB.

Case 4; if - 1 FRMB item + anything other than Case 1 - customer will choose from; Parcel or Priority.

Wow - Yes, I just did it :). Just figuring that out hurt my brain lol.

If I had ALL year, I might be able to make this work. But no such luck. Thanks for any help/insights anybody can offer.